677 40%
i like some parts hate others.
267 16%
sucks.
419 25%
Voters: 1697.
Page 2 of 202
Quote by conceptne
They're not proper Hardcore, and I'm sure there's already an Ax7 thread. Stop making threads about a band that are hated by pretty much the entire pit, in the wrong forum, and then whining when they get closed.

Uh, **** off.

Anyway ma internetz broke so Im back now lol

And csn00b, well done on startin your 1st legendary thread!!!!
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
I am not here at your beck and call, I also have a full time job. Do not attempt to call me out you little insignificant twat bag.

Wow, hardcore
Quote by treflip
Quite possibly the worst album I have ever heard. City Of Evil was bad enough, but the new one takes the piss. Terrible.

Makes me even more pissed off that they cancelled a tour so they could make it.

I havea a question. WHY THE **** DOES EVERYONE COME IN HERE TO BASH A7X??? DO YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO?? just leave this thread alone. (sorry im being bitch right now)

and thank you the1.
LEAFS FOR CUP
How can you call them horrible. I don't understand it.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Quote by Chaos Guitar
How can you call them horrible. I don't understand it.

Because Shadows can't sing well, as evidenced by the ****ty ass whine voice used for a lot of verses. The horrible tone of the guitars, the image is by far the worst they've come up with, etc.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by GiantRaven
The new album is my favourite yet

The DVD is ace as well

no just no....how can you even compare that to the likes of waking the
fallen and even city of evil..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god.

......the dvd is awesome though i'll agree with you there

and on my previous post about how much the albumm sucked well.. i forced
myself to listen to it bout 10 times and some of the tracks are actually growing on me
i gess i was just dissapointed thats all

....sorry A7X you are indeed awesome still

MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL UG HATECREW
Member Of The Jackson Owners

LIVE SHOWS:
Bullet For My Valentine Feb 13th
Megadeth Feb 26th
ok dude, first off did you even listen to the new album? shads voice is great onit. 2ndly there is no problem wit the tone on most of the songs for S/T.
Quote by GiantRaven
The new album is my favourite yet

The DVD is ace as well

not a huge fan of the dvd.
LEAFS FOR CUP
The guitars are awesome.How can you call his voice ****ty. Millions of poeple like it. There must be someting wrong with your ears. I just don't understand how you can call A7X aweful.

Did anybody see the deathbat logo on their laptop.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Last edited by Chaos Guitar at Nov 4, 2007,
The new album is reasonable, it took a while for me to get used to and i don't like some tracks but A7X still did a good job. It's not as good as Waking The Fallen or City of Evil but those albums were just awesome.

Rock on A7X
Quote by Chaos Guitar
The guitars are awesome.How can you call his voice ****ty. Millions of poeple like it. There must be someting wrong with your ears. I just don't understand how you can call A7X aweful.

wha?
LEAFS FOR CUP
yeah no i didn't get the actual cd yet.... but i am going to buy the special edition! and i am ggoing to the concert saturday!!! hells yeah!

so i will tell all about it when i come back!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by csn00b
I havea a question. WHY THE **** DOES EVERYONE COME IN HERE TO BASH A7X??? DO YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO??

If you want to talk about Avenged Sevenfold without all the bashing, make a group on the UG profiles; otherwise they've got a right to come in and talk about how the album blows just like you have a right to worship the ground "A7X" walk on. The majority of the people here dislike them for subjective reasons, ex: "M. Shadows' vocals are ****ty; the guitar tone is horrible; they have lame stage names; etc". You're not going to change their opinion and it's apparent they aren't going to change yours, so why even address it? There's hardly ever a worthwhile conversation going in here and it would be even more boring if it was only populated by you fanboys. The thread would devolve into "Hey, do you like A7X?" "Yeah!" "Me too!" which isn't an entertaining read at all.

Long story short, let people discuss the album, the band, whatever, without taking it so damn personally. It's just the internet.
avenged sevenfolds new album just pwns tbh.
cant stop listening to it!!
ug's tucky freak
Quote by hethamulburton
Because Shadows can't sing well, as evidenced by the ****ty ass whine voice used for a lot of verses.

This album is by far the best he's sounded

the image is by far the worst they've come up with, etc.

Lol @ judging a band on what they look like

Quote by Syn_Gorey13
no just no....how can you even compare that to the likes of waking the
fallen and even city of evil..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god.

You're an idiot

I'm perfectly free to like whatever the hell I like to want. The album easily compares to both of those and in my eyes completely surpasses them in certain areas
so sean sent me th set list, ill put it up when i get back from school.
LEAFS FOR CUP
Wow, How this thread has gone downhill. I remember the very first A7X thread started by mrantomy. *sighs* I had over 750 posts in that thing with my old accounts. too bad I don't remember the usernames.
Quote by csn00b

and pink, if your going to close this one give an explanation cause you didnt even reply to my pm.

Lol like the mods need to give an explination and like YOU can boss them around telling them to give an explination. The Last one was closed for spam, Anyone could see that. "Hey whats up?!" Isn't relevant discussion.
Quote by Chaos Guitar

People have different interpretations of what good music is. Hell, Some people like Dillinger Escape Plan... yeah, anyway.

I finished tabbing the full album =]
Quote by Chaos Guitar
Yea Syn will break a string and not bother to change it becasue of the Floyd Rose. He likes its an exact science to chnage and tune this thing. So he just orders another guitar from schecter.

........................................ LMAO You don't know what you're talking about. Synyster changed strings after every show. He doesnt have 8245925487658265 Synyster Customs LOL. He uses GHS Progressives: Custom Light strings too. Schecter string theirs with GHS Boomers.
Quote by the1
Wow, hardcore

How Dare you? Learn some respect.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by GiantRaven

You're an idiot

I'm perfectly free to like whatever the hell I like to want. The album easily compares to both of those and in my eyes completely surpasses them in certain areas

Hey man chill ok, no offence was meant, were all A7X fans here

btw Afterlife is officially my favourite song atm

im finally starting to like the album

LIVE SHOWS:
Megadeth Feb 26th
Anybody that thinks A Little Piece of Heaven is a sell-out song has never heard Pinkly Smooth. Not to mention the fact that everyone has the lamest excuses for why the band sucks. Last time I checked, the bands clothes didn't affect their music. I guess if they started dressing like homeless people then everybody wouldn't hate them as much.

Quote by Seth Shadows

........................................ LMAO You don't know what you're talking about. Synyster changed strings after every show. He doesnt have 8245925487658265 Synyster Customs LOL. He uses GHS Progressives: Custom Light strings too. Schecter string theirs with GHS Boomers.

You lead me to believe that you don't know what you are talking about, cuz in every interview I have seen or read both Syn and Zacky say they use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by SynGates7X
Anybody that thinks A Little Piece of Heaven is a sell-out song has never heard Pinkly Smooth.

Since when did writing any form of 8 minute track class as selling out?
Indeed... Selling out would be 18 songs of Busted-style 3 minute whine-fests... And last time I check,ed Charlie SImpson and Synyster don't talk much:P
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by GiantRaven
Since when did writing any form of 8 minute track class as selling out?

Seriously. I think this album is less radio-friendly than City of Evil was, and yet it gets more criticism for.
Go get your shovel.
syngates....i love you! man why can't anyone see that!!!!! this album isn't a sell out by far... its probably one of the greatest experimental albums i have ever heard.... with the exception being mars voltas most recent album.....but thats not the point.... and i tried to tell everyone to listen to it more then once and it will grow on you!
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
^ yea agreed....it isn't a sellout and i am an example of the fact that listening to it
more than once is what you need to do. after the first listen i hated it but then after a dozen or so listens it's actaully comparable to CoE.

and a little peice of heaven isn't sellout it's just.......very different i spose

LIVE SHOWS:
Megadeth Feb 26th
I love A Little Piece of Heaven. If I were to pick a favorite song it would most likely be that.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Korzack
Indeed... Selling out would be 18 songs of Busted-style 3 minute whine-fests... And last time I check,ed Charlie SImpson and Synyster don't talk much:P

Charlie Simpson > your ****ing soul

Anyone else hear Satan Sandwich yet? Check it out on youtube...Matt screams in it, and he also screams in a new vid of Reminissions live!
Quote by Panterica
Anyone else hear Satan Sandwich yet? Check it out on youtube...Matt screams in it, and he also screams in a new vid of Reminissions live!

There were too many people screaming in the videos, so I just stopped watching them...

Anyone think that the s/t is so much better than City of Evil? I mean, in terms of catchyness, diversity, and musicianship, I think this album is amazing. I don't care too much for the first two, but they aren't terrible, I just don't like how they used those songs as singles... What about Afterlife? Brompton Cocktail? A Little Piece of Heaven?

Critical Acclaim's intro just seems superfluous, especially with the random organs... I don't think it's much of an intro for any album/song. Maybe if they didn't just repeat it twice and made it a little more musical, like adding an octave on the repeat

I thought that I'd hate this album, but I was surprised. Mainly because I used to hate them for the fact that they stopped screaming...
Quote by Murasaki-kun
Anyone think that the s/t is so much better than City of Evil?

Leaps and bounds ahead

Critical Acclaim's intro just seems superfluous, especially with the random organs...

Random organs? They were there because they wanted them there. How on earth is that 'random' in any way?

Mainly because I used to hate them for the fact that they stopped screaming...

Lol
Quote by GiantRaven
Random organs? They were there because they wanted them there. How on earth is that 'random' in any way?

Yeah, I just didn't think it was necessary. To me, it just didn't seem interesting. I guess I'm just on a huge "symphonic stuff is more interesting" phase. I'll word things differently next time?

Quote by GiantRaven
Lol

Yeah, I admit it, I was really narrow minded[Although, I probably haven't changed too much]
Quote by Seth Shadows
Wow, How this thread has gone downhill. I remember the very first A7X thread started by mrantomy. *sighs* I had over 750 posts in that thing with my old accounts. too bad I don't remember the usernames.

Lol like the mods need to give an explination and like YOU can boss them around telling them to give an explination. The Last one was closed for spam, Anyone could see that. "Hey whats up?!" Isn't relevant discussion.

People have different interpretations of what good music is. Hell, Some people like Dillinger Escape Plan... yeah, anyway.

I finished tabbing the full album =]

How Dare you? Learn some respect.

so basically you had multis, you think we must respect fiures of authority even though its just the internetz, by the way when i was banned i read the original a7x thread, loads of spam so iwouldnt freaking talk buddy.
LEAFS FOR CUP
Quote by csn00b
so basically you had multis, you think we must respect fiures of authority even though its just the internetz, by the way when i was banned i read the original a7x thread, loads of spam so iwouldnt freaking talk buddy.

Psst

Maybe if you ignore him he'll go away
A7X new album pretty sweet Almost Easy and Critical Acclaims probably my fav songs off it.
Well, I think they're pretty friggin' awsome. I did like City of evil more... but, what the hell. Great band, great songs, great guitarist... I guess opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.
^huzzah!

man i love it more then the other albums but i like everything they have done!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by GiantRaven
Psst

Maybe if you ignore him he'll go away

Quote by GiantRaven
...and they all stink

haha
GR, ur awesome. lol

yeah seth is a know-it-all dick.

Brompton Cocktail is my favorite. I just wish they would have made a few more songs with out the orchestras.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Nov 6, 2007,
^ I bet I am lol.

Quote by SynGates7X
You lead me to believe that you don't know what you are talking about, cuz in every interview I have seen or read both Syn and Zacky say they use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms.

The Last Interview I seen was on MTV2 with synyster gates. And he said he uses GHS progressives to get the "Mustaine sound" in his harmonics. (i.e: F 15ma Octave Artificial harmonic at the end of the seize the day solo, the same harmonic in to end the rapture and the semi harmonic in the Beast and the harlot solo).

Quote by csn00b

*looks at join date* Jan '07? The origional was made back in '03. You're a little late. There wasnt that much spam as this is now. It always had some relevance to Avenged in it. Like "WHOA I GOT AN AVENGED HOODIE!!! YAY!!! *pics*" or awaiting City Of Evil. Good times. As for the first part of your post, You're basically saying "F#CK AUTHORITYYYY!21!1112341231!!111ONE!!!1"? And that makes you cool? There's authority, there's law and there's controversy on the "internetz". If you don't respect those "figures of authority" or "follow those laws" you may have your privileges taken away.

EDIT: HAHA And I remember seriously hitting on GiantRaven then I found out he was a man Yeah I suppose, it did have alot of spam. But at least it was interesting spam.

In Other news, This Album is Really starting to grow on me. But a bit of it's quite chaotic like the intro to Lost.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by bjovi400
Brompton Cocktail is my favorite. I just wish they would have made a few more songs with out the orchestras.

I think they should have more

Especially like the Afterlife intro

Thats awesome