i like some parts hate others.
267 16%
sucks.
419 25%
Voters: 1697.
Page 3 of 202
Quote by Seth Shadows
^ I bet I am lol.

*looks at join date* Jan '07? The origional was made back in '03. You're a little late. There wasnt that much spam as this is now. It always had some relevance to Avenged in it. Like "WHOA I GOT AN AVENGED HOODIE!!! YAY!!! *pics*" or awaiting City Of Evil. Good times. As for the first part of your post, You're basically saying "F#CK AUTHORITYYYY!21!1112341231!!111ONE!!!1"? And that makes you cool? There's authority, there's law and there's controversy on the "internetz". If you don't respect those "figures of authority" or "follow those laws" you may have your privileges taken away.

you tell him man

and i think that the orchestras are well used in the songs there in, critical acclaim and
afterlife specially
MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL UG HATECREW
Member Of The Jackson Owners

LIVE SHOWS:
Bullet For My Valentine Feb 13th
Megadeth Feb 26th
HEY I'M BACK!!!!

First of all I think this is the best album since A7X started, I love the orchestrations, compositions, and structures in the songs. The Rev singing is amazing, and the diverse styles they have combined on this album is my favorite part. My favorite song right now is "Dear God" but "A Little Piece Of Heaven" has such a twisted ****ed up story in it that I can't help but love it. I love how "Dear God" is a country song, and personally I think it was extremely well done. The guitar solo caps of the album really well, and it reminds me of how I felt when listening to M.I.A. My favorite single part of the album is "Must have stabbed her fifty ****in times I can't believe it. Ripped her heart out right before her eyes, eyes over easy EAT IT EAT IT" it's just so twisted and the rev singing it makes it so much better.
no, i like the orchestras in their music, im not saying that, i just wish they would have had a few more songs of just straight ahead rock like almost easy.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I think the album's finally come out here - so I'm gonna try my luck at picking it up today. Still four songs I've not let myself hear - including A Little Piece of Heaven (except the part in the sample ages ago), so I'm extremely interested to see what it's like :p
lost, afterlife, brompton cocktail, alpoh are the best^
Ibanez AEL 12-string

to tell you the truth, i like Dear God a little bit more than ALOH.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

I would have liked another song or two. The album is over too quickly for me.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Nov 6, 2007,
And really, now that I look at the track times it's not all that short in comparison to others. It just seems like it flies by.
Go get your shovel.
Seth all was I doing was reiterating what Syn and Matt said on the dvd.

The one problem with this album is the playback ability of the songs. City of Evil, WTF, STST could all be played over and over without the songs getting old. This album the songs are played out for me already. I can't listen to the album anymore.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Last edited by Chaos Guitar at Nov 6, 2007,
dude i love this album and i just bought the new coheed and cambria cd it rocks!!!!!!

pick it up! and the rev....my gosh he is amazazing....
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
its definetely one of those albums where if you listen to it often itll get annoying.
LEAFS FOR CUP
you do dopnt you?

either that or below the sea.

and im sure youve heard it a few times
LEAFS FOR CUP
Lol na

Havn't heard the whole CD yet - I havn't downloaded it or anything, or listened to Unbound, Brompton Cocktail, ALPOH or Dear God yet, so I had some sort of suprise once I got the album, but I might be forced to listen to them now if I have to wait a long time. O well..
Quote by csn00b
its definetely one of those albums where if you listen to it often itll get annoying.

I don't think that at all
it hasnt hppend to me cause i dont have it on my ipod so it doesnt get put on repeat.
LEAFS FOR CUP
I agree. There should've been a few more tracks at least... And dear god wasn't... the best way to end it either.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I was kinda disappointed at first... but then I listened to the album and started liking it. Avenged took a completely different direction and I respect that. And the fact that they're not only metal is good. I heard at least 3 or 4 different genres on this CD, and that is very unique.
They should of ended it with afterlife.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

^ yea i wasnt really impressed with dear god being the finisher, specially when you compare it with M.I.A and all things will end, afterlife is easily my favourite song on tthe album, and i think it does seem short when your listening to it. I put it on and suddenly lost is on and im thinking wtf.

I absolutely love the revs voice though, ever since i heard him on CA
MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL UG HATECREW
Member Of The Jackson Owners

LIVE SHOWS:
Bullet For My Valentine Feb 13th
Megadeth Feb 26th
Quote by GiantRaven
I don't think that at all

+1
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
Hey guys. It's been a while. Anywho, on the new album, I agree with what a lot of people said about needing to let it grow on you. That's actually been the case for me with all of A7X's albums, but once the songs have grown on me I've really gotten to love them.

To sort of do a review on the album, first, I think it's very appropriate that it's self-titled because I think it's a mixed bag of a lot of different things Avenged has done on their previous albums, while at the same time having a completely new sound with a lot of experimentation (which I think has always been a characteristic of A7X).

My favorite song right now is Afterlife, and it could very well become one of my all-time favorite A7X songs. The orchestral intro followed by the harmonized guitars is awesome. Also, I like the fact that the harmonized guitars here are slowed down to about the pace that they were on Waking the Fallen. The melody in the verses is very unique, however I think it works great. The chorus has kind of a poppy melody to it, but somehow it sounds great to me. The bridge ("Loved ones back home all cryin' 'cause they're already missing me...") is one of my favorite parts. The straight power chords and Shadows' vocal style here is very reminiscent of Waking the Fallen, in my opinion. And finally, Syn's solo here might be one of his best, especially considering he picks it all.

Brompton Cocktail is becoming my 2nd favorite song I think. Again, a very unique song that has a lot of rap influence I think, but again it works for me. The melody in the chorus is great too, especially when they hit the "so alive" part.

Unbound (The Wild Ride) is kind of a wild ride between two A7X styles to the newer one they brought out on this album. The song starts off like a track from Sounding the Seventh Trumpet with its fast pace and pick slides and all, then turns into something very City of Evil-sounding with the sweeps and choir in the background, and then ends with the rap influence (as Shadows said, like Jay-Zs "Hard Knock Life"), which is something new A7X brought out on this record that I think actually worked for them.

Dear God is ironic to me because I actually used to listen to country when I was younger, but then I got into rock, and then I discovered A7X. Everything comes full circle I guess, lol. But, compared to the country I used to listen to, this song blows all of that away with Syn's guitar and Shadows' voice.

I like Lost and I think the vocal effects work. If you don't think they do, try to imagine that song with no vocal effects at all. I don't think it would work without them.

Scream is great and kind of reminds me of I Won't See You Tonight Part II at times.

Almost Easy, while simple, is in-your-face and is a great song when you're out driving on the highway or backroads or something.

Critical Acclaim, well I won't delve into the political side of this song, but musically it's a great in-your-face song that's good when you're pissed off and I think the slow intro suddenly turning into the fast-paced craziness is great.

With A Little Piece of Heaven, I think it's neat how they dug into the Rev and Syn's Pinkly Smooth roots on A Little Piece of Heaven, though the lyrics are still a little weird for me so it'll have to grow on me.

Overall, after this album, I really don't think you can label Avenged Sevenfold as any particular genre anymore (except maybe rock or hard rock), because I think they drew from everything from metal, punk, pop, rap, and country on this album. In this day and age I think that's a ballsy move and it makes me all the more proud that I'm a fan of these guys. This album probably needs to still grow on me more, but Waking the Fallen is still my favorite (no, I'm not a fan of screaming, but I just loved the overall sound/attitude, guitar style, and vocal style on that album). This album MIGHT surpass City of Evil as my 2nd favorite, but we'll see. Some of my favorite A7X songs are off City of Evil, but as an ALBUM, I think this one is easier to listen to from start to finish. One downside on this album for me (and other people have already mentioned this) is that it does seem short. I think this is because they cut some songs short that could have used a little more at the end (i.e.- Gunslinger, Unbound, Brompton Cocktail, and Dear God).

Hammerstein in New York City next Wednesday......can't wait! Anyone else going?
i call them Hard Rock, occasionally, depending on the song, i'll actually call them metal. but w/e
Ibanez AEL 12-string

ohmygod, theres is no way i can read that whole post, especially right after hockey.
LEAFS FOR CUP
lol......as a former hockey player myself csn00b, I can't blame ya......damn I wrote a long one there
im a goalie and i had a tough time lik 27 shots.
LEAFS FOR CUP
oh wow......toughest position in the game......that's a lot of shots too......I played left wing during most of my years of playing......started out on defense though......

Anyone see that A7X played Remenissions at the Wiltern recently? It's on youtube. That'd be sweet if they play it in New York next week. Did anyone ever get a set list or does the band mix it up from show to show?
Quote by thistypeofthink
oh wow......toughest position in the game......that's a lot of shots too......I played left wing during most of my years of playing......started out on defense though......

Anyone see that A7X played Remenissions at the Wiltern recently? It's on youtube. That'd be sweet if they play it in New York next week. Did anyone ever get a set list or does the band mix it up from show to show?

From what I gather they mostly play the same thing every night
Quote by GiantRaven
From what I gather they mostly play the same thing every night

Yeah, that's the setlist for this tour. AmpN00b<3
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
yeah, i have the setlist ill post it when i get home from school.
LEAFS FOR CUP
Who is that singing at the end of unbound the wild ride?
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL