Fender To Acquire Kaman Music Corp.

October 29, 2007

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) announced today that it has entered a definitive agreement to acquire Kaman Music Corporation (KMC). FMIC agreed to purchase Kaman Music Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company Kaman Corp. (NASDAQ-GM: KAMN) for approximately $117 million in cash, subject to specified post-closing purchase price adjustments. Closing is expected to occur prior to January 1, 2008.

Kaman Music Corp. is the preeminent independent U.S. distributor of musical instruments and accessories, offering more than 20,000 products for amateurs and professionals. KMC owns Ovation Guitars, LP and Toca hand percussion products, Gibraltar Hardware, Genz Benz Amplification, Hamer Guitars, and is the exclusive U.S. sales representative for Sabian Cymbals, and exclusive worldwide distributor of Takamine Guitars and Gretsch Drums.

"We are delighted to welcome the Kaman Music Corporation into the Fender Family," said Bill Mendello, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fender Musical Instruments Corp. "KMC is one of the most respected companies in the musical instrument industry. We have very similar cultures that have been developed over many years. The distribution expertise that Kaman Music brings to the music marketplace will complement and strengthen FMIC's service to its dealers and consumers."

Kaman Music Corporation will continue to be led by current President, Edward Miller. Miller has 35 years of experience with Kaman, having joined the company in 1972 and later serving as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. He was appointed President of Kaman Music Corp. in June of 2007.

The makes me very, very worried about the future of Ovation and Takamine guitars. Fender bought Tacoma, another of my favorite acoustic makers, a few years back, and I haven't seen a Tacoma in a store since.

How long until Fender owns every acoustic guitar maker except Martin and Gibson?
Death to Ovation haters!
about 3 years?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fosho
about 3 years?

+1
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Doesn't bother me.

EDIT: I've never even heard of Kaman.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Last edited by Kartman at Nov 2, 2007,
Quote by Kartman
Doesn't bother me.

EDIT: I've never even heard of Kaman.

How about Ovation, Takamine, Hamer? That's all Kaman.
Death to Ovation haters!
who cares????

They just own them, it's not going to change anything.

Since Fender owns Jackson, only one thing has changed: their website
Quote by Anty 7
who cares????

They just own them, it's not going to change anything.

Since Fender owns Jackson, only one thing has changed: their website

Tell that to Tacoma.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Jackolas
Awww, kaman!

But yeah, I should go get an Ovation now...

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by pugnapugnapugna
20 years from now we'll all be referring to the ovations and takamines from today and back as "Pre-Fender" guitars!

But don't sweat it. Fender owns Gretsch too.

no joke there, that be the truth
go get em now people, seriously
you have no more than one year to get in on this
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal