Once I've got my new amp, the next thing I'll be looking at is new pickups (not for a long time though). I play metal mostly, and have heard good things about the Seymour Duncan Blackouts. However, I have an Ibanez s470 (lightweight, mahogany body) guitar, which has a middle single coil. Can anyone suggest a good single coil to compliment the blackouts (not sure if they make one/heard bad things about active singles).

I'm open to a variety of ideas, as I'm in no hurry to get these pickups as I'm not made of money and need the new amp first.

Thanks
An EMG SA
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Maybe a set of Lace Sensor Reds. Being passives, idk if u can wire em with the Blackouts easily. The only alternitave is EMG SA singles, and idk much about those.
oh right. Thanks guys, I'll look into those in the future.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I know SD Blackouts are 9-volt, while SD Livewires are 18-volts. If you went for the Livewires (Classic or Metal), you could get the Livewire single coil (Classic or Hot) and that would work.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Mittani
Wait a minute, is there room for batteries in the thin-bodied S?

It's not as thin as you'd think, it's only the edges that are thin.
Your sustain still suffers though
It's ****en' thin

But seriously, I've heard quite a few guys saying you'd have to use external (like in a pedal) batteries for S guitars. If anyone here has tried, please inform us

Quote by Punk_Ninja
It's not as thin as you'd think, it's only the edges that are thin.
Your sustain still suffers though
^Thats bollocks. Lol, sorry for the harshness.

Someone here before mentioned they would like to power thier EMG pickups from a unit on the floor....that would require custom built cables, as well as a far-from-standard jack socket on the guitar.
As far as I know, im pretty sure theres enough space in the S series cavites for batteries.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
The body on the S is the same thickness at the pickups as most guitars, it's just the edges that are thin.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X