i have a VK112 and it has that 2nd input which cuts it down by like 10 db or something but i was wondering if it has any effect on the tone at all because i have to put it up to like 4 instead of .5 on the volume for my bedroom. id like to try but im in class...
No it shouldn't. Not at that volume. Really though the 2nd input is for guitars with active pickups.
It shouldn't. Its a Hi and Low gain input. Which is key point for me, sence i only have a MIM fender strat ATM. (getting a ibanez 1570 Monday) and i can sound like a hum with my crappy SSS. But if you have a Hum it shouldnt make a big differnce, just the gain not the volume.

Hope that Helps.
Quote by jimmy666page666
It shouldn't. Its a Hi and Low gain input. Which is key point for me, sence i only have a MIM fender strat ATM. (getting a ibanez 1570 Monday) and i can sound like a hum with my crappy SSS. But if you have a Hum it shouldnt make a big differnce, just the gain not the volume.

Hope that Helps.

MIM Strats are amazing fool !

And yes the first input is for low output pickups and the second input is for high ouput pickups. (may be the other way round)
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
MIM Strats are amazing fool !

I don't like it to much. I'm lefty so its hard to find guitars and it was only $200, so i bought it. The neck is to thick and i hate SSS. ( I think they dont make Leftys HSS. i only have seen 1 and it was from the late 80's, is what he said.)

And

Lefty input is "high gain" and right is "low gain" but "normal gain" on my 5150
I feel for you finding lefty guitars is pretty hard. The old days (60s) the 2 inputs were for 2 different guitars to be used at once or bass and guitar. But you can use either one wont hurt anything. One will just give more volume and distortion than the other. I have an active pickup strat and a passive pickup LP and run em both into the boosted plug on my amp.