I'm not sure the reason, I guess it might give you more sustain, or possibly be geared for blues playing?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

makes bending more easy or something? ... dunno
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
must sound strange, but i like the feel a lot more. if it doesn't have quite thick fret wire, then i feel like im too low on the fretboard

the lesson to learn from this. if you start playing on a certain guitar, you usually stick with something similar. i started on a jackson, and all my other guitars have felt awkward in comparison, whether they have thick necks, thin necks, low action, high action, and we eventually decided it was because they had thin fret wire, and jacksons usually have thick wire
When I first bought my Jackson, yes, the fretwire was like railroad tracks.

I had them sanded down, and they are great.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
ibanex makes guitars with jumbo frets. my RG has them. i don't know exactly the purpose, however, they bend easy as **** and dont require really any effort to play a note. i prefer them though, because paul gilbertt (god) plays with them. the only downside is that if your action is set too low your strings will rattle
A lot of ESPs have enormous fretwire. I think they have the biggest I've ever seen.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by DrewH
ibanex makes guitars with jumbo frets. my RG has them. i don't know exactly the purpose, however, they bend easy as **** and dont require really any effort to play a note. i prefer them though, because paul gilbertt (god) plays with them. the only downside is that if your action is set too low your strings will rattle

What a great reason to like something.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I like low wide frets. I find them easier to play on. I really don't know what the advantages vs disadvantages are with wide vs thin or low vs high.It would be iteresting to know if there are actual differences.

John
Quote by DrewH

Hahaha
You don't see the purpose of jumbo frets, yet you mention several advantages.
My ESP/LTD has XJ frets. They can be an ass near like the 20 to 22nd frets...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
It helps attaining low action,
A Jackson's action is unbelievable once set.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!