In the last few years it seems that it is harder and harder to find anything not sweetened with aspartame, which is a suspected carcinogen. Aspartame also breaks down in your stomach and create formaldehyde and formic acid.

And it is nearly impossible to find gum with just sucrose or glucose.

I don't understand why this possible health risk is in things we eat or drink every day.

anyway, what are your thoughts on this?
sup?
I've yet to hear any actual proof that it's dangerous. I'm not going to change my life style based on some speculation. It's a proven fact that people die from too much sugar, but I've yet to hear of any deaths from aspartame.
Quote by Spamwise
I've yet to hear any actual proof that it's dangerous. I'm not going to change my life style based on some speculation. It's a proven fact that people die from too much sugar, but I've yet to hear of any deaths from aspartame.

Too much of anything is bad, but sugars are essential to cellular respiration, which we require in order to live. I support sugar. Aspartame is crap.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Too much of anything is bad, but sugars are essential to cellular respiration, which we require in order to live. I support sugar. Aspartame is crap.

natural sugars are necessary in moderate doses. Sugar from a Coke or candy bar is not,vhowever. You're right though, too much of anything is bad. I don't drink 3 diet cokes a day like some friends of mine. I don't think there's anything wrong with some of it every so often though.
Diet Coke is much worse for you than Coke if you think about it, sugar you can get rid of, artificial crap stays in you.

And there is no such thing as ****ing full-fat coke!!! Enrages me so when people say that.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
It's such crap. So many people have lost all their willpower. They can't just have maybe one ice cream a week they need 2 or 3 maybe 7.

Aspartame has been experimented on mice and has given them brain cancer (if I remember correctly).
the thing is its still suspected. therefore still perfectley allowable. i prefer natural sugars usually anyways, since the articificial has a shit aftertaste.

isnt aspartame also supposed to deteriate your mental state?
ehh
Quote by thedubs
It's such crap. So many people have lost all their willpower. They can't just have maybe one ice cream a week they need 2 or 3 maybe 7.

Aspartame has been experimented on mice and has given them brain cancer (if I remember correctly).

because mice are just like humans.. things that might effect a mouse in small doses could take huge doses to affect humans in the same way.
I'm not concerned. These days we're being bombarded with news that certain chemicals and food are bad for us, only to be told they're fine months later, then they're bad again, and so on and so forth. I'm just going to get unhealthy.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Everything nowadays is supposedly a carcinogen. I've heard people saying that tap water is carcinogenic.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I'm not concerned. These days we're being bombarded with news that certain chemicals and food are bad for us, only to be told they're fine months later, then they're bad again, and so on and so forth. I'm just going to get unhealthy.

You could never be unhealthy babe
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by notoriousnumber
Diet Coke is much worse for you than Coke if you think about it, sugar you can get rid of, artificial crap stays in you.

And there is no such thing as ****ing full-fat coke!!! Enrages me so when people say that.

No that's not true, it's metabolised and eventually excreted out just like natural substances...there's no viable evidence at the moment that drinking diet coke (or anything containing aspartame, for that matter) in moderation poses any real danger.
Quote by Nutter_101
You could never be unhealthy babe

I'll make you repeat that when I suffocate you in my fat folds.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I know a few people that are allergic/sensitive to aspartame, they get migranes from it. I've always stayed away from that type of stuff, anyway. There's really no nutritional value in gum/pop/candy, anyway.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I'll make you repeat that when I suffocate you in my fat folds.

sounds hot...
I don't see why fast food is legal either

I'd rather shoot up then eat a whopper

It's just as addicting and has side effects equal to abusive drug use

I choose not to eat it though so I guess I shouldn't complain
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
I don't see why fast food is legal either

I'd rather shoot up then eat a whopper

It's just as addicting and has side effects equal to abusive drug use

I choose not to eat it though so I guess I shouldn't complain

So you're suggesting that doing heroin is less damaging that eating a burger,

it isnt a carcinogen, its been proved
but here in australia most things are sweetened by sugar main eg is coke
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Garret.
So you're suggesting that doing heroin is less damaging that eating a burger,

Not less, but in the long run they're both equally as damaging to the body.

Heroin is probably more extreme and has worse effects, but smaller drugs might not.

Fast food- it makes you feel good after you eat it but then worse after that feeling goes away. so you eat more of it. It clogs arteries and turns into fat, if you don't burn it. Alot of Americans are getting obese from fast food... I'm not saying that it's just that, because my great grandparents ate Bacon, eggs and grits for breakfast every morning but they worked on a farm and got plenty of exercise and one of them is over 90 years old.

But I don't think fast food is a good thing; seriously- watch "super size me" there are plenty of people all over the world who eat like that everyday...it's horrible what someone would do to their body
Quote by TDKshorty
Not less, but in the long run they're both equally as damaging to the body.

Heroin is probably more extreme and has worse effects, but smaller drugs might not.

Fast food- it makes you feel good after you eat it but then worse after that feeling goes away. so you eat more of it. It clogs arteries and turns into fat, if you don't burn it. Alot of Americans are getting obese from fast food... I'm not saying that it's just that, because my great grandparents ate Bacon, eggs and grits for breakfast every morning but they worked on a farm and got plenty of exercise and one of them is over 90 years old.

But I don't think fast food is a good thing; seriously- watch "super size me" there are plenty of people all over the world who eat like that everyday...it's horrible what someone would do to their body

just because fast food makes you feel good for a bit and then bad again (although this has never actually happened to me) Its not like after you've finished the meal you have a bad feeling so to get rid of it you eat more. The reason people eat more is because they like the taste.

And You can exercise away the negative effects of fats, lets see you exercise away the negative effects of heroin or any other hard drugs. If you eat fast food for 3 times a day for 2 weeks and the suddenly stop you may have slight withdrawal, feel crappy and want fast food but nothing a person with even the slightest bit of willpower can't handle. If you do heroin 3 times a day for 2 weeks and you get addicted it's extremely hard to stop because you become physically dependent to the point of not being able to function without it, it is far worse for you in the long and short run than any fast food will ever be.

Finally, Supersize me is hardly a reliable source, he ate at Mcdonald's all the time and didn't exercise. he basically proved if you eat lots of fats and don't move you will become unhealthy which we figured out quite a while ago
Quote by Garret.
just because fast food makes you feel good for a bit and then bad again (although this has never actually happened to me) Its not like after you've finished the meal you have a bad feeling so to get rid of it you eat more. The reason people eat more is because they like the taste.

And You can exercise away the negative effects of fats, lets see you exercise away the negative effects of heroin or any other hard drugs. If you eat fast food for 3 times a day for 2 weeks and the suddenly stop you may have slight withdrawal, feel crappy and want fast food but nothing a person with even the slightest bit of willpower can't handle. If you do heroin 3 times a day for 2 weeks and you get addicted it's extremely hard to stop because you become physically dependent to the point of not being able to function without it, it is far worse for you in the long and short run than any fast food will ever be.

Finally, Supersize me is hardly a reliable source, he ate at Mcdonald's all the time and didn't exercise. he basically proved if you eat lots of fats and don't move you will become unhealthy which we figured out quite a while ago

I'm just pointing out they're both addictive and unhealthy for you

Besides most Americans and now people all over the world are living their life like that. It's awful
Super-size me was a cool movie. It basically shows, if you have too much fast food, your body will get ****ed up so bad.
I've stopped drinking all Diet Soda with aspertame in it, not cause of the health risks, but because it taste like ****. Diet Cheerwine FTW! or just Cheerwine in genreal! and regular coke is to damn sweet.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by TDKshorty
I'm just pointing out they're both addictive and unhealthy for you

Besides most Americans and now people all over the world are living their life like that. It's awful

Yeah, fast food releases endorphines (i think that's the name). As does anything that's enjoyable. Listening to music you like, riding a roller coaster, being with friends, whatever. You don't see people who love roller coasters get messed up when they haven't ridden one for a while. People don't get addicted to food because it tastes good, they get addicted because of psychological problems.

and yeah, though super size me is a cool movie, it didn't do anything but state the obvious. I have no doubt that if he did the same thing with any high fat food it would have happened.
Quote by metalhead2061
System of a Down Kills!
(flashed at System of a Down's clip for "Sugar")

fix'd.