Hi, i'm thinking of building a neck pretty soon, and i'm not really sure what style of truss rod i need. I'm just wondering what's the difference between a double and single action truss rod.......can a double correct forward and backbow, whereas single only correct foreward bow? I've come across these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aucoustic-and-electric-Guitar-truss-rods_W0QQitemZ130169448788QQihZ003QQcategoryZ42455QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
which would be most fitting???
Also does £9 seem a decent price? i can't seem to find many stockists in the uk. cheers
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

I have no idea of the conversion rate of $ and £, but single action rods adjust forward and back bow only, and double action rods adjust that as wells as moving the neck side-to-side (though I may be wrong). A double would be your best bet, though. What instrument are you making it for? Acoustic, bass, or electric?
oh sorry lol, trust me to miss out the most important part it's for electric guitar, with im guessing a medium thickness neck
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

ok cheers man, can anyone else offer any advice? also any good links where i can read up about the differences between single and double action?
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

ok i think i understand the difference now, but why would you ever need the truss rod to bow the neck further forward? is it to correct a warped piece of wood or something?
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

Quote by Pete Griffin
ok i think i understand the difference now, but why would you ever need the truss rod to bow the neck further forward? is it to correct a warped piece of wood or something?

Just so the bow can be suited better to your playing style... if you play hard, the strings will vibrate more and you risk them hitting the frets if the neck isn't bowed enough. I think that's right, anyways..
Or u can go French and not have a truss rod at all like those weird Vigiers xD
/CENTER]
Can someone advise me the best place to get a truss rod from in the uk? the ones i've shown in my first post are the only ones i've come across so far.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22