Okay so I downloaded Audacity yesterday (for Mac OSX) and imported a song I wanted to edit, but when I tried playing the song all I heard was a one-second long high-pitched squeal...can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it!
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
how long was the file? I've had that happen with files that were really long, like 20 minutes or more.
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists
Quote by iplayfenders66
Okay so I downloaded Audacity yesterday (for Mac OSX) and imported a song I wanted to edit, but when I tried playing the song all I heard was a one-second long high-pitched squeal...can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it!

How is the audio encoded?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
no, it was only a 4-minute song from my itunes, which i need to take a clip out of. Is it in an incorrect format or something?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I've had things like that happen before. Try downloading the 1.3.3 beta or the 1.2.6 version. (Whichever one you aren't using.) Then try importing the song.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
I've had that with a file, what kind of file (.mp3, .wav,...) was it?
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

probably was the wrong format, like a wma. Try just recording off the soundtrack as you play the song to import it. (go onto "wat u hear" or something)
Why'd you have to go and let it die

Quote by master
Go join the army. It's like an FPS without the lag.

Quote by iplayfenders66

i get that many times....you have to import it as something else...

try Project > import raw data (or) import audio

edit:
it was an iTunes song?
thats like an AAS format for soemthing...which audacity doesnt like.

convert it to MP3 then import