Atreyu could have been a pretty good hardcore band. But they chose to be lame. Anyone else think they could have been good?
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Old Atreyu is pretty good, even tho im not much of a hardcore fan. I like the singles from A Death-Grip on Yesterday, and havent heard anything new. i really hope they dont go too 80's rock, like ive heard.
band never was, nor could have been nor could be hardcore
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I like Metallica.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
The Curse was a catchy album, but they strayed sooo far from their roots and the first cd. They were def. influenced by hardcore for a while so I was hoping they would start to kick ass but they never did.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Quote by StillSoundRG
I like Metallica.

no one said anything about metallica.. and who doesnt like metallica.
i think atreyu is good and i like them. but they were better back when. they should make more songs like creature.
To be honest, I liked the direction they took. That being said, I'm constantly looking for bands that can shred to improve my playing in that field, and in todays music, todays popular music to be correct, we have Avenged Sevenfold. I hate their new album... Disgusting... Sorry to get off track. My kudos goes to Atreyu for keeping it rock 'n' roll, not poser metalcore. *Ducks from Dragonforce fans who throw their BC Rich's and death metal pedals*
Quote by jesserules7
i think atreyu is good and i like them. but they were better back when. they should make more songs like creature.

i dont like metallica. no even pre sell out metallica.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Actually no, youre an idiot.
Quote by Andraysexy
To be honest, I liked the direction they took. That being said, I'm constantly looking for bands that can shred to improve my playing in that field, and in todays music, todays popular music to be correct, we have Avenged Sevenfold. I hate their new album... Disgusting... Sorry to get off track. My kudos goes to Atreyu for keeping it rock 'n' roll, not poser metalcore. *Ducks from Dragonforce fans who throw their BC Rich's and death metal pedals*

Uy I hear the new A7X CD is horrible.

They may have kept it rock n roll but every other band is doing that these days. I'm just sayin they could have been a good hardcore band.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Quote by Andraysexy

Then look for bands.

Just because they aren't on MTV doesn't mean you can't listen.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by jesserules7

Ummmm... I don't like Metallica. And Atreyu is not very good either... any band that names themselves after a character on 'The never-ending story' should be dismantled immediantly, IMO.
im not ashamed to say that the first cd showed some promise. the demo was pretty wank, but suicide notes... wasn't bad. then they tried to go all metallic and ape avenged sevenfold, who in turn then decided they didn't like being aped and wanted to ape guns n roses.

and the never ending story is a quality kids film.
This thread makes me reek of fail.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you