I have a lot of one liners that I really like, and would love to turn into some good songs. But I have trouble building off of such a small idea.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips for this kind of thing?
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Just go with what feels right - its always best to have a melody in your head too.

Oh, and heres one quote you can use from Dr Rockso for a chorus;

"I DO COCAINE!!!'

XD Sorry I just had to type that somewhere, its been in my head all damn day
Instead of building a whole song around that single line . You can use it in your song
Hi
Placebo do it brilliantly.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
if you have a good line but nowhere to use it at the time, write it down and save it so you dont forget it.

many times a first good line can snowball into a whole song
Yeah, most of what I write is based around one line that I like a lot... and they usually come to me at inconvenient times... so I carry around a notebook and write down one liners all the time, and then expand on them later. The latest one, which I've already used in a writing:

"If hate was an art form, you'd make me Picasso."

Copyright... me.

peace and coconuts,

-ZC
Quote by Jearl
if you have a good line but nowhere to use it at the time, write it down and save it so you dont forget it.

many times a first good line can snowball into a whole song

Yeah I have a save file on my copmuter that just has a bunch of one lienrs in it.

I do most of my writing at the computer.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
How about writing one of the lines you like at the top of a page, doing a word association (by word association, I mean writing the next word or phrase that pops into your head until no more words suggest themselves) and seeing if you've the beginning of something there.

Here's an example using the line ZanaCross posted:

"If hate was an art form, you'd make me Picasso."

Picasso Degas ballet stage sweat hard work sacrifice beauty grace adrenaline dedication devotion love harsh mistress fickle roll of the dice bad odds horse race competition winner loser determination drive ambition ruthless cold

It may not yield a line of thought that uses the original line (this didn't), but it could still contain a good idea.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker