Hey folks,

I've got a right handed Epi SG special that I play lefty due to a medical condition.

Anyways the knobs are getting in the way, I'd like to replace them.

I was thinking about getting a low profile knob thats wide but VERY short. (I could cut down the pot shaft if I have to). Maybe like a few 16ths in height a 7/8's or an inch wide or so

The problem is I can't find anything along these lines. So does anyone know of where I could find something like this? Or how I would go about fabricating it if I had too?

Thanks in advance guys
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
Quote by postmortem2006
How about buying a left handed guitar.....

I have two left handed guitars.......

maybe I want to play the SG?

it's all setup, and the intonation is fine, just the knobs are in the way....
My Gear:

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
make some out of wood is probably the best way to get exactly what you want, and outta curiosity, why does a medical condition make you have to play lefty
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
make some out of wood is probably the best way to get exactly what you want, and outta curiosity, why does a medical condition make you have to play lefty

My left hand has weak fingers, it doesn't give me any problems in daily life but I can't fret with it cause my ring finger only has one knuckle my middle finger, has no joints only two floating bones, and my index is weak....
My Gear:

You could try using knobs that are designed for the lower half of concentric pots, they're 3/8 of an inch tall, but you'd probably have to cut down the shaft of the pot...
Other than that, I'm not sure what you could try.

edit: there's also ones that are 13/32 tall. Not much of a difference, but they're a bit lower and wider.
Last edited by james4 at Nov 2, 2007,
you could take off the pot, add washers and such to the bottom, and then the nut to the top, and make them out of wood then you can get them pretty low. i feel for you man i really do
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by t heff
you could take off the pot, add washers and such to the bottom, and then the nut to the top, and make them out of wood then you can get them pretty low. i feel for you man i really do

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I'll give some of them a try and see what works.

and heff: no need to "feel for me" It's an inconvenience, that's about all....
My Gear:

well i hand an accedent where i became partialy paralized in my fretting hand so
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff