I'm looking at getting a new guitar, maybe by spring time. I dont want to end up paying close to $1000 on a new one. Seeing that Ibanez Rg series has some pretty cheaply priced guitars it seems like a good buy. Something like the Rg350EX since I can play it at a near by shop (havent yet though). But I heard that the Edge III is pretty bad. The people who said that probly do dive bombs and all that kinda of stuff. But me, the most I ever do with my trem bar is gently push it down at the end of a riff or something like that.

Incase you want to know I have a cheap strat copy that I bought used from a pawn shop as my first and only guitar a few months ago. I don't like the fact that after using the trem a few times I gotta retune it

So seeing that I'm not the sort who abuses the trem, would an edge III be good idea?
well if your no gona use it that much, a tremol-no would be a huge investment
but ive heard it worns out pretty quickly(the edge III, :P), especially during weather changes, i would rather get a 321mh and change the pu, or something better
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I dont know about a fixed bridge, I'd like to use the whammy bar every now and then.
Quote by Steel8909
I dont know about a fixed bridge, I'd like to use the whammy bar every now and then.

then get a tremol-no, it can be in locked mode, dive only mode and normal
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

NO! Go for a 550 instead..
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
NO! Go for a 550 instead..

Way too expensive Unless I can find it used.
Quote by Popsai
well if your no gona use it that much, a tremol-no would be a huge investment
but ive heard it worns out pretty quickly(the edge III, :P), especially during weather changes, i would rather get a 321mh and change the pu, or something better

Would you call £40 a huge investment for staying in tune?

Would you call a tuner and a few sets of strings a huge investment if they helped to stay in tune too?

Get a tremol-no, they are great.

Edit: Nevermind, re-read your post,
My second point still stands, get a tremol-no!
Quote by thedonutman
Would you call £40 a huge investment for staying in tune?

Would you call a tuner and a few sets of strings a huge investment if they helped to stay in tune too?

Get a tremol-no, they are great.

Edit: Nevermind, re-read your post,
My second point still stands, get a tremol-no!

not only it keeps it in tune but it will make it last longer, since it will be blocked
and your post was confusing º_º
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

edge III are not "bad", they are only bad if it isn't set-up right, just have the guys are the store have them look over it after you buy it. and yes do get a Tremol-No
Edge IIIs are fine when properly set up, as mentioned. I would also advise a Tremol-No. I've only used one once on someone else's guitar, but its a handy device that works well.
Guess it depends what you regard as fine. Suppose it doesn't matter if you only plan to keep the guitar for a couple years. They are made from cheap metal that will wear at the knife edges prematurely. Sure, you may get a couple years out of it if you know how to setup a trem perfectly, but the tuning stability will turn to crap eventually. Sooner if you actually use the trem. Meanwhile, original Edge and OFR trems that were made in the 80's still hold their tuning stability. I have an original Edge was made in 1986, and the knife edges are still good. Hardened steel is the key, it's a more expensive process, but it means much much stronger knife edges, and in turn, tuning stability.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids