Why would you want to do that?
Assuming you have all stock pickups, it would make the neck pickup (or the pickup that is moved to the neck position) a bit hotter, and do the opposite to the one you put in the bridge. And unless you rewired the 5-way switch, the selector would be backwards.
It'd sound worse than a squier would usually I'd guess.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
It would be one of the more pointless projects that's happened in here for a while, that's what it'd be.

Disclaimer: You don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to. Although I guess it wasn't mandatory to read this and the first part, so whatever.
Pickups in guitars are all fundamentally the same from position to position. People often think that the physical position makes no difference and that the neck pickups are actually designed entirely differently, but it's mostly the position that makes the difference in tone. In old Strats and other vintage guitars, the pickups were identical in both positions. This made for a slightly louder neck position, but it's really not that bad. Nowadays the only difference is that the bridge pickup is wound slightly hotter to compensate for this.
^Interesting.

TS, theres absolutley no point in swapping the pickups though. In a squier, i can bet that the 3 singlecoils are all wound the same.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by XibanezedgeX
You would have a low output bridge pickup and a bright higher output neck pickup.
IF the bridge pickup is slightly overwound to compensate for the smaller amount of string movement near the bridge it will sound LESS bright.

It will be noticeably hotter and darker than the original neck pickup.

It sounds bright when used at the bridge, because the harmonics are stronger in relationship to the fundamental, in that location.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^yep. some physics wave lesson is needed in this thread.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by cokeisbetter
It would be one of the more pointless projects that's happened in here for a while, that's what it'd be.

Disclaimer: You don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to. Although I guess it wasn't mandatory to read this and the first part, so whatever.
Pickups in guitars are all fundamentally the same from position to position. People often think that the physical position makes no difference and that the neck pickups are actually designed entirely differently, but it's mostly the position that makes the difference in tone. In old Strats and other vintage guitars, the pickups were identical in both positions. This made for a slightly louder neck position, but it's really not that bad. Nowadays the only difference is that the bridge pickup is wound slightly hotter to compensate for this.

Not necessarily . With stock pickups, yes, the'yre often the same, albeit with output differences. But aftermarket stuff....Anything goes. The Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell is a fairly bright neck pickup, and would probably be a monumentally bad idea in the bridge.