Hey people. I'm going to get a Gibson Les Paul for christmas and two effect pedals. I already know what kind of distortion I want but here's my question. With the Wah-Wah pedal, which one sounds better. Dunlop origonal cry babv or the Slash Wah? I Can't try them out my self because guitar center has them locked up in a case behind the counter. Please tell me. Thanks.
slash wah
vox wah

the slash is good, he actualy uses it.
I don't even shred
why dont you just ask the shop to test the pedals. most shops let you try out stuff for a bit there. also try the manufactorers website, sometimes they have sound demos on them.
If the shop won't let you test it, it's a bad shop. Just ask them and they should let you. Also, Ultimate Wah Thread.
its only locked behind the counter to keep them safe. just ask the guys behind the desk to use it and they will get it out. trust me they want the sale
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp
Maybe he's asking here because he wants to know if either have any reliability problems and what not? Give him some slack.

TS, if you can, go to the store. $169 for a Slash wah isn't a good idea if you don't try before buy.
Ben
Quote by Nebjy
slash wah
vox wah

the slash is good, he actualy uses it.

no he doesnt... he uses a dunlop rack mount wah with like four red wah controllers everywhere on his stage. and it looks like a slash wah with that logo on the foot pad. thats it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Dr coolio
why dont you just ask the shop to test the pedals. most shops let you try out stuff for a bit there. also try the manufactorers website, sometimes they have sound demos on them.

Well usually the employees are never behind the counter unless your going to pay for something. I could only test out the Boss DS-1 distortion. But thanks for the info. I realy appreciate it.
Quote by stangconv
What kind of music you gonna play?

Alternatice rock. you now like a Godsmack sort of thing. I'd also like that nice distortion Metallica has.
Quote by MetallicGod07
Alternatice rock. you now like a Godsmack sort of thing. I'd also like that nice distortion Metallica has.

For Godsmack, maybe a Morley? I know Kirk from Metallica has his rackmount crybaby.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by ECistheBest
no he doesnt... he uses a dunlop rack mount wah with like four red wah controllers everywhere on his stage. and it looks like a slash wah with that logo on the foot pad. thats it.

Yes he does, he uses it in clubs when he doesnt need four controllers. THere are pictures of him playing it and there are quotes of him saying the same as me.
Godsmack really has a great wah sound, I would love to be able to solo with a sound like that... Listen to the "Keep Away" solo you'll know what Im talking about.
Quote by SamZee
Godsmack really has a great wah sound, I would love to be able to solo with a sound like that... Listen to the "Keep Away" solo you'll know what Im talking about.

yeah man i love that solo! It has such a heavy wah sound! Tony Rombola is the best guitarist ever! He's the one who inspired me to play. I've playing 11 months now.
Quote by ECistheBest

Adam day even said so. The tour of his rig.. Slash actually does use it..
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell