Sorry if this has been asked before, and yes I used the God-forsaken search bar.

In terms of DirectX10 graphics cards, what would be good to play Bioshock on max settings well? I have the CPU and RAM requirements, but I doubt my GeForce2 8500GT will cut it for this game.

I would rather not spend a ton on a graphics card, would a 500Mhz, 320MB GeForce2 8800 GTS suffice?

Thanks in advance, mates.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
i have a Geforce 8600GT and it ran fine on max settings on my pc with Direct x 9
get it for xbox 360?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
your card could run fine in dx9 mode but dx 10 might need some tweaking for the best results, oh and its not GeForce2 just Geforce
Sorry about the GeForce mixup =P

What graphical goodies would I be missing running it in DX9 mode instead of DX10?
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
well i dont have a dx10 card to compare but i know some sites have compared it but dont expect much, dx10 might gave improved lighting and shadows and some other animations, ill look for the site and link it
Use this site, and it will tell you which games you can run, and whether you can run them at minimum or recommeded settings.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
i wouldn't trust that site alone. sure it compares your system specs to the requirements but wont say anything about settings and it isnt as accurate as you might think. oh and btw heres the link for the comparisons of dx10 and dx9