After mastering Portrait of Tracy I was told that since I had used it as my GCSE exam piece, I wasn't allowed to use it at A-Level. This left me in a bit of a **** state as I have a mock performance in 2 and a half weeks. I was going to learn Donna Lee but theres not nearly enough time and thats the one thing I'm pretty much out of.

I then heard Stu Hamms cover of Moonlight Sonata and it seemed like a brilliant piece to do. My question is; will I have enough time to learn to tap well enough to play the song in 2 weeks?
Originally Posted by bassmanjoe08
back in '76 i pried the frets off of jaco pastorius's bass hoping he wouldnt play as good.................damn did that backfire
Depends on how good your tapping was before. It would still be non sto work, but about possible.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Why wouldn't you be able use PoT as a concert piece. It is the epitome of harmonic playing and ever since Jaco recorded/performed it it has been used as landmark in a bassist's growth. That's bull****. On your question. That's a maybe if you have a teacher ask him about it and ask him to help you with this.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by bassburton
Why wouldn't you be able use PoT as a concert piece. It is the epitome of harmonic playing and ever since Jaco recorded/performed it it has been used as landmark in a bassist's growth. That's bull****. On your question. That's a maybe if you have a teacher ask him about it and ask him to help you with this.

I know its SOO ****ING ANNOYING!!

The worst part is, they said I could use it then changed their minds like a week ago...So I could have been working on a new piece for like the last 4 months.
Originally Posted by bassmanjoe08
back in '76 i pried the frets off of jaco pastorius's bass hoping he wouldnt play as good.................damn did that backfire
Quote by Killa K
I know its SOO ****ING ANNOYING!!

The worst part is, they said I could use it then changed their minds like a week ago...So I could have been working on a new piece for like the last 4 months.

That's bureaucracy for you.

If your tapping is pretty good, then Moonlight Sonata should come to you easier if you practice every day.

If you're attempting PoT or Donna Lee for an examination, I think you should have the skills