after restringing my guitar i haven't been able to bend my whammy bar down. How do i fix this? I have a fender stratocaster, and just got it last month. i am new to this electric guitar stuff so can some of you help me out?
wrong forum, electric guitar forum, delete this and post it there

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
could be the springs in the back
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
you guys are ****ing stupid!!! you know what i used to get flammed when someone would come to the pit and say they needed help with carpal tunnel, and i would tell them they needed to go to a medical site. you know what everyone said its the pit anything goes here! so you guys need to stop being ****ing faggots anything goes in the pit. what are you going to report him for posting in the wrong forum, in which anything goes you dicks? report me you faggots see if i give a ****!
no we are helping him around the site by telling him the right place to post so he can git more help
this is the description of the pit, "The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever." from music issues to what ever wow!
yea i get your point butt this is a topic cover in another place so thats ware it should be cuzz the people there no what there talking about the people in the pit have nothing better to do
i also see what your saying, but ive seen people get reported in the pit for this sort of stuff. I think that is bull****.
it get's reported so the mods can move it, or just close it, in this case, the one who deserves a warning would be you
well theres a place for this and it should be put there because it makes things run better and easyer to find
this makes UG happy and once every one does this then we wont have to tell people ware to put their threads
Or you could have answered his question and the matter would have been over with by now.

In restringing your guitar you may have changed string gauge, changing the tension on your bridge. You probably switched to lighter strings and now the springs have too much pressure and are pulling harder on the bridge. Loosen the trem claw by loosening those two screws in the back of the guitar a little.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Or you could remove a spring.

But that would probably require adjusting action and intonation...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
i agree, this should go in the propper thread, i find that in the pit all anyone wants to do(even me) is insult everyone, in the help threads people are actualy trying to help, and are very helpful
i dont know much about whammy bars, havent got one, but could it be that it was bent when you re stringed it so now it cant go back cos this would stretch the strings, you may need to re string it again, or, take it to a shop cos i could be wrong

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by RedSox_o4
i also see what your saying, but ive seen people get reported in the pit for this sort of stuff. I think that is bull****.

reported for unnecessary flaming
Quote by Giant Tool
i agree, this should go in the propper thread, i find that in the pit all anyone wants to do(even me) is insult everyone, in the help threads people are actualy trying to help, and are very helpful
i dont know much about whammy bars, havent got one, but could it be that it was bent when you re stringed it so now it cant go back cos this would stretch the strings, you may need to re string it again, or, take it to a shop cos i could be wrong

The Pit is helpful too.

Do you know how many cases of AIDS have been diagnosed here? Undoubtedly more than at your local hospital!

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by RedSox_o4
you guys are ****ing stupid!!! you know what i used to get flammed when someone would come to the pit and say they needed help with carpal tunnel, and i would tell them they needed to go to a medical site. you know what everyone said its the pit anything goes here! so you guys need to stop being ****ing faggots anything goes in the pit. what are you going to report him for posting in the wrong forum, in which anything goes you dicks? report me you faggots see if i give a ****!

ok...*reported*
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by Mad Marius
Or you could remove a spring.

But that would probably require adjusting action and intonation...

His strat probably came with 3 trem springs, they usually do. In my opinion 4 is the fewest you should have, in my experience it increased tuning stability. You can put 5 in there if you like the higher resistance. I use 4 screwed pretty far in with .011 gauge strings.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
His strat probably came with 3 trem springs, they usually do. In my opinion 4 is the fewest you should have, in my experience it increased tuning stability. You can put 5 in there if you like the higher resistance. I use 4 screwed pretty far in with .011 gauge strings.

3 springs and he can't move the tremolo? I had 5 springs, used .9s, and could move it just fine...

Quote by Mad Marius
The Pit is helpful too.

Do you know how many cases of AIDS have been diagnosed here? Undoubtedly more than at your local hospital!

i know, i've diagnosed aids here several times!!!!!!!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next