After a lot of consideration ive narrowed them down to these three of which i will only choose two.

Im set on getting the studio projects C1. My difficulty in choosing is between the rode nt5 (a small diaphragm) or the M-Audio solaris (another large diaphragm).

I would like for somebody to help me here in choosing between these. I've heard great things about all of them, the only thing is is that the rode is about £60 cheaper than the M-audio Solaris. Even tell me if the solaris and the nt5 would be a better choice than the C1 and one of them

Also if anybody would have any other suggestions as to what i could buy that is within the £170 price range it would be greatly appreciated.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

The NT-s is more useful for the snare and hi-hat. but i ent sure about the M-Audio, however the fact that there a larger diaphragm means i would probably go for that. what polar pattern are they?
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Well the M-audio one i think looks superb as it can change between cardioid, omni and figure of 8 and the Studio projects is cardioid just. The nt-5 is cardioid also.

I've heard from tweak (tweakheadz.com) that the M-audio worked very well for vocals also so i will use it for vocals if i get it along with some other mics

sorry for late reply also
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now