I searched and got 10 pages of irrelevant threads...

http://www.chairkickers.com/

Anyway, picked up Things We Lost In The Fire today and I love it.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Livin' in Minnesota too. Drums and Guns? Awesome? Yes.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Wondeful people, too. Had coffee at their house, and bummed around Madison with'em before a gig two years ago.

But yeah, TWLITF is an outstanding album. Started listening to it again after putting my Espers obsession on hold recently.
Low sfukicnig rukle, chceck out I coult dilive in hope, its awespme.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront
Low sfukicnig rukle, chceck out I coult dilive in hope, its awespme.

is someone drunk?
perhaps mocking drunks?

anyway, low is quite good. i haven't taken the time to dig through the entire catalog though.
I think I would have to include Low in my top 10 bands of all-time list. It's all so beautiful - with a few mistakes along the way *cough*Drums & Guns*cough* *cough*sh*t*cough* - and a perfect backdrop for life.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
is "drums and guns" really that bad? every review i read for it said it was pretty good. or at least better than "the great destroyer" which i think is quite a nice album.
Quote by uhh_me?
is someone drunk?
perhaps mocking drunks?

anyway, low is quite good. i haven't taken the time to dig through the entire catalog though.

Yeah I apologise, I was very stoned/drunk.

Nonetheless, I ****ing love Low, I Could Live in Hope/The Curtain Hits the Cast are probably my favourites.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront
Yeah I apologise, I was very stoned/drunk.

That got me curious, were you stoned or drunk or both?
Quote by uhh_me?
is "drums and guns" really that bad? every review i read for it said it was pretty good. or at least better than "the great destroyer" which i think is quite a nice album.

Every review I've read I've disagreed with. The best thing to come from the album was the cake video (if you've seen it you'll know).
'The great destroyer' is far superior in my opinion. There are no songs on 'drums & guns' that come close to 'pissing' let alone the best tracks on 'the great destroyer' - although I always think of that album as rather consistent.

Take a listen to it, but take it as a warning that the reviews have over-hyped the album.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
have a few of their albums, they're quite nice. listened to things we lost in the fire the most and i find it quite amazing.
Quote by European Son
That got me curious, were you stoned or drunk or both?

Both.

Anyway, has anyone managed to catch Low live? I'd really have loved to have seen them in the earlier days, although it'd still be awesome.
^^
Yeah, saw'em 2-3 years ago in Madison (where I lived at the time). Wonderful show; very moving and beautiful.
^ same here. I absolutely love the harmonies in that song.

Can someone recommend me another Low album? I own Long Division, Things We Lost in the Fire and Trust. What should I get next?
Wow.
I cannot believe there's been a Low thread here all along.
Now that it's the Christmas season, I listen to their "Little Drummer Boy" on a daily basis xD