I'm in the magical hunt for a new guitar and I've played a few guitars, I basically tried to stay relatively low in terms of cost and I've been looking. Before deciding on the mentioned guitars, I tried and Epiphone Les Paul and a Schecter. I didnt like the necks on either guitar, I think it might've been the paint, and I couldn't stand the Schecter. Some info:

I've been playing 3-4 years.
I tend to play a lot of different music, Zeppelin, Wolfmother, Cold War Kids, Green Day, etc.
I'm coming off of a Yamaha Pacifica, probably why I like the necks on these two badboys.

Thanks for your help guys!
Fender Telecaster..

MIM?

Better build IMO, the pickups are nice and if you want drop a little 59' in the bridge for the more punky stuff
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
tele.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Tele all the way. I think that Tele bridge pickups are pretty good distortion-wise for a single-coil. But not much is gonna get the Wolfmother and Zepplin sounds w/out a Humbucker. Maybe try a G-400. Much lighter body and thinner neck. And can do Wolfmother and Zepplin easily. an SZ would be more modern rock and metal. Teles can do pretty much anything, but id at least try a G-400.
- What is your budget?
- What is your location?
- Do you need a double locking trem?
- Do you plan on changing out the pickups in the future?
- What amp do you have?

I would probably go for the MIM Tele for what you need anyway.
Mwoit:

-$500 is ideal, but $800 is what I expect to pay.
-MA
-No, although neither guitar has a Doublelocking Trem...
-Most likely a humbucker for the Tele if anything, the Seymour-Duncans on the Ibanez can't be beat.
-Line 6 Spider II 30 Watts
Quote by dmiller1126
Mwoit:

-$500 is ideal, but $800 is what I expect to pay.
-MA
-No, although neither guitar has a Doublelocking Trem...
-Most likely a humbucker for the Tele if anything, the Seymour-Duncans on the Ibanez can't be beat.
-Line 6 Spider II 30 Watts

Oops, I misread that as the S7320. Thought it was odd comparing a 7 string double locking guitar with the Tele. ^^

I personally would go for the SZ320, I am a big fan of the SZ320. Have you tried the SZ320 or Tele? The SZ320 has a painted neck like the Schecter / Epi.
Quote by Mwoit
Oops, I misread that as the S7320. Thought it was odd comparing a 7 string double locking guitar with the Tele. ^^

I personally would go for the SZ320, I am a big fan of the SZ320. Have you tried the SZ320 or Tele? The SZ320 has a painted neck like the Schecter / Epi.
I played both this afternoon, maybe it wasn't the paint on the neck then. I was playing the Schecter and the Epiphone and my thumb didn't slide so easily, but on both guitars I'm looking at it had nice, smooth necks.
well you and i both dont like shecters! well personally, i rly rly rly like MIM tele's they are trly awesome, but i cant rly help you because i know nothing about that ibanez
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
well you and i both dont like shecters! well personally, i rly rly rly like MIM tele's they are trly awesome, but i cant rly help you because i know nothing about that ibanez
Sort of a bit stupid, but how do your Ibanez and Fender play (since they're "your gear")? You've heard the MIM Tele, but how does your Ibanez play?
Because bumping is easier than making a new thread, last (and only) bump I assure you:

So far the Ibanez seems to have better support, anyone have more info about the Telecaster or, if you like the Ibanez, more info on the Ibanez?
If you like playing both of them, I don't think you can go wrong with either of those two. Both are quality instruments.

My vote would have gone towards the SZ320, as I prefer it's body style, and my choice of switching between clean and distortion is usually done by switching between the bridge and neck pickups (as the SZ has separate volume controls for each pickup, you can e.g. have a higher volume on the bridge for distortion, and lower volume on the neck for cleans).
I love teles, but I think the Ibanez S series is an amazing piece of design. The build quality on a mex tele isn't as great as that on the SZ, so it all depends on budget,really...If you can afford a Japanese or US fender, go for it. If not, definitely take the 'nez! I think the SA might be more appropriate than than the SZ in this case, too.
I'm also a huge Tele lover, but I think the Ibanez would suit your style a lot better than the Tele. My vote goes for the Ibanez.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID