I'm not sure if anyone's done this before, but I just had an enlightenment when I was practicing right now. I've been doing several finger exercises to bring up my finger speed. They've been mostly consisted of 1-2-3-4 | 2-3-1-4 | 1-4-2-3 whatever on each string. And I've been getting faster but then I realized that it doesn't help for songs that move across the fretboard quickly. So I thought of modifying this practice to make it better.

Go 1-2,1-3,1-4,1-2,1-3,1-4 (two notes per string, alternate picking) This way you get used to changing fingers petween strings. You can go on to make any combination you wish, and then doing fast scales and sweeps will be easy.
wtf is this thread about?
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
Quote by which ones pink
Thanks for the cool idea threadstarter, and no thanks to the guys who are just being pricks.

LMAO I ain't being a prick I just wanted an excuse to post the Cobain image
hahahaha laughed my ass off at the bear joke :P
seriously, wtf
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
hahahaha laughed my ass off at the bear joke :P
seriously, wtf

haha I didn't get it either but thats probably the entire point hahahahahaha XD
Quote by postmortem2006
This guy was left handed wasn't he?

that was the funniest thing, bar none, i have ever seen
I don't think i've laughed that hard in awhile
Idiots warned.

Don't be idiots.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.