Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were injured in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident.

RIP...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
R.I.P

didn't know the band but never good to hear!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
^Poor taste, mate.

R.I.P.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
He's was, IMO, The faster double bass drummer in a death metal band. If anyone wants ot sample some extreme double bass listen to "Eternity Too Short" Or buy their "Nihility" Album...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
23? Damn! He was such a great drummer! I really admire his drumming skills, especially his double bass work, like on Spheres of Madness.

R.I.P. BROTHER!!!!!!
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by John W
Was he... decapitated...? *snicker*

No, and maybe next time you should think before you post something like that.

Rest in peace
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

I thought by the title that the drummer died by decapitation....especially cuz' I dont know who this band is

RIP

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by John W

f*** you, bad call

RIP
just heard from Cannibal Corpse on myspace through a bulletin

hope covan gets bettr
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Wtf, this sucks big time.
I listen to a load of Decapitated songs SOLELY for the drums, 'cause they are so good.

I aren't that huge a fan of Decapitated, but I feel hugely gutted because he really stood out as a drummer to me.

RIP
This is terrible, I loved his drumming! Decapitated's song Spheres of Madness is how I first got into death metal music. And that song's drumming is just so awesome sounding.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by John W

Too soon bro, give it at least a week

RIP
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Rest in peace :'( Awesome drummer
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
Quote by anarchy_skater
Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were injured in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident.

RIP...

If by today you mean 3 weeks ago, then you're pretty quick on the news.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/decapitated_drummer_dies_at_23.html

Anyway, RIP
Why the hell are all the metal musicians dying ?? Seriously.....

I'm switching to jazz..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by John W

You mean Decaffinated?
Gallows humour aside, 23's no age to die. Never heard of the band myself. but that's a ****ter
(And also, didn't we hear he died a month ago?)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I always thought the man's drumming made Decapitated.

Good night, Sweet Prince.

He died a month or so a go but, It's ok we can still pay respects to him.
Quote by rush4life
Uh, this thread was started November 2nd....

Goddamn thread revivers...

I read the title of this thread not knowing decapitated was a band. I was like "no ****"....

but seriously its sad to lose a musician, or anybody at that.
He had a wife and kid.

At 23 though. I've never really listened to them.

The first few pages of of every issue of Zero Tolerance magazine are like an obituary column. :/
His skills with a double bass pedal were amazing
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I really wished I hadn't read this. It hits too close to home.
RIP dude.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.