Page 1 of 2
It's kind of lame.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
I agree. Not much of an idea to make a thread about it, though. It will most likely just get closed by the mods.
I think the U-G mods are much too tight. If it gets closed, it gets closed. I don't know, the U-G forum is fairly different from other forums I post on. You guys freak about off-topic stuff, or stuff that's all ready been posted (Which I could see), but I mean, this thread? I don't know, no big deal.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
It's not me, it's the mods.

I'd love to have a stickied Promote Your Alt/Indie Band and a Tab Suggestions For Indie/Alt Kids Thread. The thing is though, this is just a small sub-forum and not an entire forum as such.

What I mean to say is; those threads should just go in other forums and not in Bands & Artists sub-forums.
Well, crap, I mean, I'm sure the Alt/Indie people come here specifically. I don't know, I'm sort of new here. But I agree that both of those threads should exist, they are definitely not enough Indie tabs and I don't have all that great of an ear.
we don't promote our bands or they wouldn't be indie anymore
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Ehhh, what do you expect. A majority of this site are either attracted to overly romanticized classic rock bands (omgz00rz they had so much passion/skill but now they're likez deadz00rz so sad so sad) or metal (becuz it iz MUSICALY COMPLEX GNARGNAR YES YES) and since a lot of indie is either simple or uses a more diverse amount of instruments and is so broad a genre these people aren't really attracted too it and therefore don't make an indie band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Ehhh, what do you expect. A majority of this site are either attracted to overly romanticized classic rock bands (omgz00rz they had so much passion/skill but now they're likez deadz00rz so sad so sad) or metal (becuz it iz MUSICALY COMPLEX GNARGNAR YES YES) and since a lot of indie is either simple or uses a more diverse amount of instruments and is so broad a genre these people aren't really attracted too it and therefore don't make an indie band.

see, i wouldnt mind someething like that but we have a forum for it.

if people want to promote their band..theres a promote your band forum.

if you want tabs theres a tab talk forum

yknow?
Quote by Doolittle
http://myspace.com/postmodernsoundz
Right thar
bahahaha
European Son, see wut i did thar?
Stop whoring your awesome punx band out Doolittle

*-)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by j0nmcc

yknow?

Well, crap, maybe we just need more Indie kids here then. Not really complaining, but I could see people definitely getting turned away by the...shall we say..."MetaLZ i5 teh ONLY MuZIc U NEED EVRYTHNG ELSE IS SUXXORZZZZ111" people.
None of them are interested in making any form a band. They like to jam, and thats fun once and awhile, but I can never find anyone legitimately dedicated to a band.
Quote by MoonBoots432
Well, crap, maybe we just need more Indie kids here then. Not really complaining, but I could see people definitely getting turned away by the...shall we say..."MetaLZ i5 teh ONLY MuZIc U NEED EVRYTHNG ELSE IS SUXXORZZZZ111" people.

naw, i understand that
Quote by j0nmcc

yknow?

That is so oppressive man, ever heard of a little thing I like to call freedom of speech?!

Mods here are cool, specially in this forum, I know I'd be a total fascist if I had to move all the misplaced threads in Alt/Indie.

The percentage of people in alt/indie is lower than let's say metal, so it's only logical that this applies to Promote your Band too.
The thing is the Alt/Indie Community is never concentrated anywhere else. So you'll never get responses from the people you want.

shameless*
http://solwara.dmusic.com/
(or my profile)
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
i can see both sides of the coin here...on one hand if people keep posting their bands in this thread it will work out, but it could also become very cluttered. on the other hand the "Promote YOUR Band" forum exists for a reason.

i think the ideal solution would be to divide "Promote YOUR Band" into subforums based upon genre similar to how B&A is done. the one problem that would arise with that is a sharp decline in the potential listening audience in the forum because people will automatically divide up based on what they generally listen to.
Quote by julio1987
That is so oppressive man, ever heard of a little thing I like to call freedom of speech?!

Mods here are cool, specially in this forum, I know I'd be a total fascist if I had to move all the misplaced threads in Alt/Indie.

The percentage of people in alt/indie is lower than let's say metal, so it's only logical that this applies to Promote your Band too.

yeah, me and biles are easy.

i can see what youre saying but as ive said before there is a promote forum. if youre so eager to get some exposure then post your links in that.

if that fails, add a link in your sig. people who read A/I and read the posts and know the regular users will click it anyway, even if its out of slight curiosity. i know i have in the past.

surely if theres a lack of alt in the promote forum, make a difference and post yours in there.

im sure andrew ill back me up. i hope.

ORRRRR

and i reckon this might sit well with you all is that each month (similar to AOTM) we do a users Band of the month or something like that where one user a month gets a 'free shot' to promote their band without it being moved or closed or anything,
Quote by j0nmcc
and i reckon this might sit well with you all is that each month (similar to AOTM) we do a users Band of the month or something like that where one user a month gets a 'free shot' to promote their band without it being m

I'd dig that, although I don't really have a band. Great idea.
Last edited by European Son at Nov 7, 2007,
i've found good bands in the promote your band thread. i don't remember them but at least one of them was good.
it was shoegaze
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
I wish I had a band..

+1
c4c

Quote by ckellingc

So I threw a rock at her.

Fuck heelies.
Quote by j0nmcc
yeah, me and biles are easy.

i can see what youre saying but as ive said before there is a promote forum. if youre so eager to get some exposure then post your links in that.

if that fails, add a link in your sig. people who read A/I and read the posts and know the regular users will click it anyway, even if its out of slight curiosity. i know i have in the past.

surely if theres a lack of alt in the promote forum, make a difference and post yours in there.

im sure andrew ill back me up. i hope.

ORRRRR

and i reckon this might sit well with you all is that each month (similar to AOTM) we do a users Band of the month or something like that where one user a month gets a 'free shot' to promote their band without it being moved or closed or anything,

I do agree. On the one hand I can understand why people want to talk about their bands in here, and sometimes we do let it slide, but there is a reason for having a promote your band forum.

The idea of the band of the month thing sounds a pretty good idea. Surely everyone will be happy to write about their own band and ramble on and try get some more promotion, although an extra "friend" on myspace always seems a bit of a depressing thing to think about because honestly, how many people actually go back on their myspace page and regularly listen to all these bands?
Anyway, doesn't sound a bad idea. Good discussion point, Jon.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i reckon it is andrew. id be happy to have one user discuss their band and have it stickied. positive feedback from the main comers in a/i and not metal heads who brand it as rubbish without giving it a chance. at least people here have an idea of whats going on.

could do it. people can sign up, and then get a chance each month. obviously if everyone is down with it we might start it up.

oh, and welcome back old friend
Cheers, still have 75 damned reported posts to go through this weekend

I think it's a good idea, but on first reading this thread I really didn't understand the point, the first post was quite mysterious.
Don't know how long the PYBOTH could last, but hopefully a lot of strange styles will appear.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 2