I may be going to SamAsh tommorow, and I think I need some new strings (Right now I have had whatever strings that come with a squire P for about 10 months)

I want to tune all the way down to Drop D flat (I think), but my current strings are really floppy when I do so......Any suggestions? Not to expensive, and post a link if you can please.

Thanks
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
any specific gauge?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
When dropping, the only string I've ever had problems with is the lowest (normally drop C)

I just buy 5 string sets, and save the E. Put the B on the lowest string, tune it as C, and the rest just float on. (CGCF)
I'd preffer to not get a 5 set unless I have to BlueShox

I need to know specific strings/Brands, and gauges
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Well if you want to be that specific, it's all about preference. I don't buy 5 string sets all the time, but it's extremely hard (and expensive) to find sets made for tuning a 4 string that low.

If you want me to be with specific brands, I like Rotosound, they give me a really nice and warm tone. If you can find anything with around a 110-120 E, you should be good to go as far as dropping. D'addario I use a lot, too.
I use DR strings. I think any brand/gauge string should be fine tuning to D. My strings get floppy at D with my Warlock and B with my Ibanez before strings getting sloppy, it's more on the bass than the strings.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
If you're going drop D, you'll need a string with .01 thicker E string than you usually use (i.e. 2 gauges up on the E string). My rule says that you need an change of 0.005 in your gauge per half-step of your tuning to get the proper string tension. However, when going lower than B, that doesn't quite work out (i.e. Warwick's .175 F# string). Above C, it's similar.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah like everyone said heavier gauge should do the trick. As for a brand, my string of choice is the Ernie Ball Slinkies. 30 bucks.
I've got my Cort tuned down a whole step to DGCF (low to high), strung with Ernie Ball power slinkies (.110, .80, .75, .55 respectively)
They still feel a little bit loose, but I despise really taught strings.
probably a stupid question, but you can still have a standard tuning with heavier gauges/5 string sets right?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
It depends on how heavy your gauges are. My P-Bass with the 120 C can only be tuned up to D, but the rest of the strings are good as far as going to Standard. So it can be Drop C or Drop D.

If you're going with a 110 or 115 on th E, you should be good.
Remember to adjust intonation afterwards though.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1