I'm looking for a new guitar but I'm not sure(or have no clue) what to get. I like Van Halen's sound and style so it should have a double-locking tremolo system and kinda go into that direction sound-wise.
However, since I've only been playing for a little over a year, I still want to explore a little and not just have two humbuckers on it or something. My current guitar is a Marshall "Rocket Deluxe" which, for obvious reasons, I want to replace entirely.
Amp is a VOX AD15VT which is fine for now, I only play at home and jam a little with a couple of friends in the basement.

Willing to spend about 400€ ~ 580$. Should be available in Germany. www.musik-schmidt.de is the online catalog of the biggest music store around where I'll do my shopping.

I'm grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance.
Try to look for a Fender Strat with the Floyd Rose. Swap out the bridge pickup for something hotter and it should suit your needs. If possible, look on eBay or something for the older ones made in Japan (quality is way better than the "guitars" they make in Mexico).
^not true, fender stratocasters with floyds are usually half floyds that cant be pulled up or else the sustain suffers alot.........Get a schecter C-1 hellraiser FR or a Good ibaneez rg
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
^not true, fender stratocasters with floyds are usually half floyds that cant be pulled up or else the sustain suffers alot.........Get a schecter C-1 hellraiser FR or a Good ibaneez rg

He just said that he doesn't want a strictly HH setup. Way to read the question.

And yeah it's true that you can't pull up on one but it's pretty much the best guitar for his needs unless he wants to get into a higher price range. You could go with a Jackson, but you'd probably be shooting yourself in the face after a few months when the crappy pot-metal floyd craps out on you.
personally i like esp, if i were you i would get a esp m-200fm and put emg 81/85 set on it
digitech death metal for sale, $35, marshal mg100hdfx=$250 obo