I'm still a novice to guitar, so please forgive me if this is something basic.
I recently bought a book of music sheets. Mostly, it just consists of chords along with the notes for vocals. Of course the part I'm trying to play is the chords, but being a newbie to music still, I can only play the chords which are shown in the back of the book in illustration. Other than what is shown back there, the book uses a lot of chords that I can not find any information on the net about how they are formed. I will list a few examples to show what I'm talking about.

B on F#
Gm7 on C
Am7(9)
D7(9,13)
D#m(11)
A#m(b5)

Pretty much it can be just summed up as a chord on another chord, and a chord with a small number in parenthesis on it's top right. Could someone give me the basics of what these mean and how I form them? Nothing I can find on the internet seems to mention these so posting here was somewhat a last resort.
Any help appreciated.
Try learing tabs?
u r on a gutair tab site afterall
.....•••••áñÐ ÝÔÜ Łhòûghł Wê w飀 Ð탃rëñ†•••••.....
if he really means music sheets then that is proper music reading, like piano stuff, not tabs

ok, if you go to www.chordfind.com it will show you the fingering of most of the chords, but it wont help you learn how to form chords. if you want to know how to form chords find a teacher that will teach you your theory or look at the lessons on this site. the "on" chords i think are more commonly reffered to as slash chords, these are the standard chord (eg B) but you add an extra bass note that is not part of the normal chord (eg F#) to give you B on F#. as for the bracketed numbers they are the note of the scale you add to the chord, so Am7(9) is an A minor 7 with the 9th note of the scale added
the pic theif strikes again

Member #1 of im not a member of anything, and i dont wanna be. PM me to join
Hey bro, where it says B on F#, that means a B chord with an F# bass note, (Usually written B/F#) and when it has the numbers next to the chord, that's the scale degree, meaning the number that it is in relation to the note of the chord. It gets really complicated and stuff, but here's something to check out:

http://jguitar.com/

just type in the chord name, it'll show you how to finger it.

Hope that helps.
Michael

P.S. the person above me explained it better, I just wanted to contribute.