Well, to make a painfully annoying story short, Firefox decided to update its self at the exact moment my unreliable router started dieing again, and some how that ****ed up the update enough to make it so I couldn't open Firefox (it literally just wouldn't open). Oddly enough, I could not get rid of firefox either, as it refused to uninstall and I could not delete either the folder or the files within. I tried system restores, I checked and rechecked the task manager, I even made sure they were non-read only, but no go. They just wont leave.

Several hours of attempted uninstalls and system restores later, I gave up trying to delete the files and managed to move most of the screwed up files onto my desktop from the folder and reinstall a fresh copy of Firefox into it. What the ****? How do I delete these damn files? Every time I try to move them to the trash bin I get an error saying "Cannot delete softokn3 (or whatever): Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

And oh god, Firefox just downloaded the update again, Aaaahhh...
computer thread?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
internet explorer.... even tho its worthless lol
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
make sure that firefox.exe isn't running in your task manager when you try to delete the old files. if it is, stop it. then try deleting the program files
the most recent update failed like 10 times before it worked... usually i've never had a problem with it.
Firefox failed me. When ever I use it, it freezes up for a few seconds. I had to make the switch to IE 7.
12 fret fury
Quote by skarocker50
make sure that firefox.exe isn't running in your task manager when you try to delete the old files. if it is, stop it. then try deleting the program files

What he said.
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join