SO soon (or at Christmas) I'm going to get a new amp. Fir a while now I've been set on the Vox AC15CC but now I'm not so sure. Now I'm also thinking about the Fender Blues Junior, Epiphone Valve Standard and Peavey Valveking 112. Maybe the Peavey Classic 30 but I don't know anything about that amp.

SO which would would you guys recommend for someone like me who play everything from blues to metal and hardcore. I plan on mostly using effects for coloring the sound so distortion or other effects aren't really necessary.

SO in case you want specific examples of stuff I play, here's some. Fall of Troy, Foo FIghters, Sparta, At the Drive-in, Portugal. The Man, Taking Back Sunday, Atreyu, Rise Against, RATM, Muse, Minus the Bear, Lamb of God + others.
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by ihatethischord
line 6 spider 3

no
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

Classic 30 if I remember trying it out was a very nice amp. Seemed quite versatile overall and nice cleans. You can probably add the rest with pedals...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Valveking, out of that list. The spider III is ****! The flextones are not that bad, but do NOT buy a spider!
What's your budget, approximately?
I don't think any of those amps can do metal by themselves, but maybe it could work with a nice OD.
My budget might be able to strech as high as 1000$

Right now it will only be for practice because I am bandless at the time being but I want this to last me a while so it has to be gig-worthy.
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

if you want a cheapy but goody you could always go for a marshall mg30dfx. ive got one
Gabba gabba hey
Quote by luke2609
if you want a cheapy but goody you could always go for a marshall mg30dfx. ive got one

youre an dick for trying to sell that too him but its great that youre getting rid of it.
Quote by jack_the_ripper
My budget might be able to strech as high as 1000$

Right now it will only be for practice because I am bandless at the time being but I want this to last me a while so it has to be gig-worthy.

for a practice amp i say get a Valve jr and a cab and a nice pedal.
classic 30, probably because it has the best OD out of them, and when you do find a band to gig/play with youl sound just awsome.
thank me later!lol
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Really for your styles none of those amps would cut it. You want something like a used Ashdown Fallen Angel/Peavey 5150/Mesa F30 maybe?
EDIT:Also you could have a look at a Marshall dsl 401
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Last edited by Bossman123 at Nov 3, 2007,
sorry for reviving a really old thread but I really want some more opinoins
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

You might be able to get all those tones with a B52 AT112 combo, but I've never played one so I'm not sure if it can do blues well. You could also get a Classic 30, as suggested, or a V32 Palomino. You'd need to push it for the heavier sounds, but it would be a good choice.