I was listening to the radio, and i heard that guitar centers have a new
"Don't pay till 2009 kickoff sale"
Has anyone seen this sale, or heard of it?
It sounds pretty cool...
you still have to pay, so i don't know what's so great about it. a 1% off sale would be better.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i heard it too. georges music around here has done the same type of deal.. pretty good if you want to buy something you dont have money for lol
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Yeah, awesome. You get a new guitar and don't have to pay for it. Then after a year, when you've grown used to the guitar, and it's not so special and awesome anymore, the bill pops up and you have to start paying for it.
Any idiot could tell you you'll get ****ed up the ass with interest payments and bills come 2009.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by *kas
Any idiot could tell you you'll get ****ed up the ass with interest payments and bills come 2009.

thats why you send the money monthly and dont wait tell 2009,that the smart thing to do
Well, wouldn't it be good if you didn't have the money right then and there, and were saving up for that guitar?
Then in 2009, you would have the money for it?
If you were sending the money monthly and got the item with the first playment, that's good.

If you, on the other hand, regular put money on it and didn't get it until the payment was cleared, which is what some of these places do, that'd be retarded.
Quote by kyrreca
Yeah, awesome. You get a new guitar and don't have to pay for it. Then after a year, when you've grown used to the guitar, and it's not so special and awesome anymore, the bill pops up and you have to start paying for it.

With a 24.5% interest rate. Seriously, don't put something on credit unless you know you can pay it come the end of the month. People do that thinking they don't have to pay... those people are the ones you hear about getting their homes foreclosed.
It's a terrific deal if you can pay the gear off by January 09. Get your gear, keep your money and earn interest on it for a year, then pay off the bill next December. Unfortunately, most don't.....
Can't you just return the guitar or something? My friend used to do that with cabs... he'd "buy" them for a gig and then bring them back the next day for a refund.
Quote by CJRocker
With a 24.5% interest rate. Seriously, don't put something on credit unless you know you can pay it come the end of the month. People do that thinking they don't have to pay... those people are the ones you hear about getting their homes foreclosed.

Exactly. Credit and loans are the ways they screw you. Never buy something you can't afford.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by raddxprep
Well, wouldn't it be good if you didn't have the money right then and there, and were saving up for that guitar?
Then in 2009, you would have the money for it?

Or, you could not be a complete dumbshit and wait until you have the money to buy the guitar before getting it! Then you can save yourself a ton of interest money! I'm a financial genius! Or just not an impacient douche.
you have to have that gay "Players Card".
to get that, you have to have GOOD credit.
hardly anyone gets it.
it's a scam.
i'm gonna check it out at my store and buy the Fender Mahogany Fat Strat i desire,
Ibanez S520EX, Zakk Wylde Epiphone Les Paul, Ibanez SA Quilted Maple (purple), an EMG (x2)81/85 set (for the Ibanez'), 1 seymour duncan Screamin' Demon Jr, 1 seymour duncan jazz jr., a wilkinson trem, and a Peavy 6505 head

yeah....by the end of summer 08' i could pay that all off =]
Quote by srv2112
Or, you could not be a complete dumbshit and wait until you have the money to buy the guitar before getting it! Then you can save yourself a ton of interest money! I'm a financial genius! Or just not an impacient douche.

Or you can do as mentioned... pay it off in that year that has NO interest or required monthly minimums... Then you don't get the interest. It's like a lay-a-way that you get the item before you even make your first payment.

I got declined for the card, not enough good credit history. If I had gotten approved I would have grabbed the 57' Strat for $999. BUT... If you won't be able to pay it off before that first payment and interest application are up... Then don't do it unless you want to be paying more. It's also a good way to get into bad credit... Just don't spend over your means.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
thats why you send the money monthly and dont wait tell 2009,that the smart thing to do

+1

its like a year long lay-by except you get to take the guitar home

the only way you can get charged more then you would paying up front is if you havent paid it off by 2009 and then yes, the interest rates are huge.

its good as long as you know you can get it paid off in time

EDIT:^exactly
Btw, don't think you can get out of paying it off by 2009. if you read the fine print, IF you decide to pay you aren't saving yourself on interest; 21%
Quote by CJRocker
Btw, don't think you can get out of paying it off by 2009. if you read the fine print, IF you decide to pay you aren't saving yourself on interest; 21%

If they start charging you interest if you begin to pay early... Simple solution. Save up the money to pay it off all at one in your bank account. Once you have the entire amount, pay it. It says no interest until 2009, which means that if you don't begin paying it early, you won't get hit with interest.
Quote by crzywhiteboy

no the smart thing to do is not 'buy' something if you dont have the money, unless its a house youre buying. A new guitar is something you dont need to live.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by srv2112

Whoa, calm down Mr. Pms.
I was just asking if anyone has heard about it, or if it was a good deal.
I didn't ask for unnecessary insults.
It's not like i said "OMGSH, THIS IS SO COOL!1!!1, I'M GONNA BUY EVERYTHING IN THE STORE AND NOT PAY TILL 2009!!! I SO COOOLLL!"
I thought it sounded cool, didn't know the whole thing, and didn't intend and doing that.
So before you act like a complete f*cktard, read the thread.
So therefore, YOU sir are the douche.
Regardless of what people mean to say, dont you just f*ckin' hate it when people say 'therefore' and 'you sir' on the internet. Wont people just get off their high horses and not argue? It doesnt get anyone ANYWHERE.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Because of the inflation. You can actually getting a great deal. $1000 in 2009 is a lot less than $1000 now.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.