I just read the thread with the other guy about the Rouge and went to look up how much they were ($120) (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-LX200B-Series-II-Bass-Guitar-?sku=512228). Would it be worth to buy this bass (b/c it is $40 more and has tone knobs) and change out the pups for a great jazz and p bass pups? Also, if I were to change the bridge would it help, as well as throwing on some D' Addarios?

-Biehayn

P.S. This would be a fun little project, I have other basses that are better but could I get this one to sound good at all?
ok just wondering lol. Didn't know if it would be a worthwhile experiment or not. Guess not. Never owned one so I never played one so I don't know what they sound like. Start saving for Mr. Standard P bass or Mr. Schecter 6 string
Dude dont buy that. i did. my problems were input jack broke d string tuner becime sloose and impossible to tighten. input jack fell off after it was saudered back on. strap pegs fall off and etc/
I am all for the great mod project, but upgrading a Rogue is tantamount to gilding ****. The quality of the construction is too much a negative to improve with new electronics etc.
The necks on rogues are really really uncomfortable too IMO. The side of my fretless rogue neck kept cutting my hand--it was so sharp--until I sanded it down. From my own experience, I don't think they're any worse than standard squires though.
Rogues are probably the worst basses out there. Your local crappy made bass/guitar (and don't tell me you don't have them. In New England we have the local crappy "New York Pro" brand, I'm sure everywhere else in the world has a regional crappy guitar maker) is slightly better than rogue.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I think this saying is important: you can't polish a turd. You'd be wasting money, save for a new bass or something.

And stop calling them 'Rouges' lol, it's ROGUE!
signature