Page 1 of 3
Well guys, I need some songs to listen to. I hate to sound like a little bitch but this girl broke both of our hearts, but it wasn't really her choice. I tried to listen to "our songs" that we used to listen to while we I was sneaking into her window at nights when her parents didn't allow us to see eachother..but that is just to depressing. I try to listen to what I normally listen to, hardcore/death metal/the such, but it does nothing.

So I need some calmer music but music that isn't so depressing. The songs that were "our songs" were a few from brand new(soco, no seatbelt song, me vs, to name a few and a few TBS(your own disaster, new american disaster), dashboard confessional(don't wait, secrets in the telling, stolen)

To give an idea of about what kind I'm talking about, I'll give "far away" from nickelback. I hate the band but that song is a good example. ****ty bands or not, I don't care. I just need some damn music to listen to.

Thanks.
It sounds as if you needed the rant more but no worries. Hate - Plain white t's
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
High and Dry- Radiohead
Any radiohead

Some new chili peppers songs that are really mellow like snow, or stadium arcadium, wet sand, desecration smile. check those out.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Er, nevermind. I don't know much "happy" music really - Megadeth and other blues-rooted metal is the only thing that comes to mind. If I want to be happy, I listen to brutal death metal which is as close to transcendence as one can get...

Sorry, I'm not much help, am I?
I'm a communist. Really.
Do you like Third Eye Blind?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Weezer - Pinkerton

It's the ultimate break up album.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
U2- Beautiful Day
Bob Marley- Jammin'
The Beets- Killer Tofu
Blind Melon- No Rain
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Perfect-Smashing Pumpkins
Daphne Descends-Smashing Pumpkins
Today-Smashing Pumpkins
Zero-Smashing Pumpkins
Rhinoceros-Smashing Pumpkins
Mika - relax (take it easy)

guaranteed best song..
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Listen to estranged , I mean really listen to it ( by Guns N Roses ) listen to all the words! Song is amazing!
Quote by GeekUSA
Perfect-Smashing Pumpkins
Daphne Descends-Smashing Pumpkins
Today-Smashing Pumpkins
Zero-Smashing Pumpkins
Rhinoceros-Smashing Pumpkins

I don't know why that cracked me up so much...

What's funny is that any time I'm screwed up over a relationship, I blast Geek USA as loud as possible. Siamese Dream is just f*cking epic.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by myself101
Weezer - Pinkerton

It's the ultimate break up album.

Too true.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
cemetary gates - pantera
a new level - pantera

im in a dimebag mood today, if you know what i mean
Old Habits- xBishopx well...just Bishop now..
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by *.*
Well guys, I need some songs to listen to. I hate to sound like a little bitch but this girl broke both of our hearts, but it wasn't really her choice. I tried to listen to "our songs" that we used to listen to while we I was sneaking into her window at nights when her parents didn't allow us to see eachother..but that is just to depressing. I try to listen to what I normally listen to, hardcore/death metal/the such, but it does nothing.

So I need some calmer music but music that isn't so depressing. The songs that were "our songs" were a few from brand new(soco, no seatbelt song, me vs, to name a few and a few TBS(your own disaster, new american disaster), dashboard confessional(don't wait, secrets in the telling, stolen)

To give an idea of about what kind I'm talking about, I'll give "far away" from nickelback. I hate the band but that song is a good example. ****ty bands or not, I don't care. I just need some damn music to listen to.

Thanks.

Here Is Gone- Goo Goo Dolls
Emily- From First to Last
The Ponytail Parade- Emery
Longshot, Hands On Deck, I am for you- Waking Ashland

There's alot of songs out there for that, but they'll probably be depressing.
Hey if you don't mind my asking, why'd you guy's break up?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by x_thurston_x
U2- Beautiful Day
Bob Marley- Jammin'
The Beets- Killer Tofu
Blind Melon- No Rain

Those are all good songs, but i just wanted to say that ur avatar pretty much pwns. JIMMY CHAMBERLIN FTW
hey there, delilah

Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by GeekUSA
Those are all good songs, but i just wanted to say that ur avatar pretty much pwns. JIMMY CHAMBERLIN FTW

I actually had the one of billy with his superman shirt and the little tea cup but some ass hat stole it...

This one is much sexier anyways
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Well, what I would do/still do when im down is turn on either
1. Angry/Screaming music. (not emo ****, but metal screaming)
or
2. Turn on some music that really gets me in an energetic mode (i play air guitar and sing and jump around and all that ****)

Basically I forget about everything else but the music.

Examples:
Trivium - A Gunshsot To The Head Of Trepidation
Trivium - Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr
Unearth - Zombie Autopilot (really good if you like the air guitar :P)
Disturbed - Liberate

I hope you can take your mind off of the situation and just jam out for a while.
Good luck.
Explosions in the sky- your hand in mine
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Actually, it depends on what you think will help. If you want some slow, calm music, I recommend "Tender Surrender" by Steve Vai. No words but a very good song that might work for your problem. Now if you want a song that will get your mind off it. . . "Surfing With The Alien" by Joe Satriani. Jam some air guitar to that song. . . It may help ya feel better.
oh btw am i the only one who realizes that there's been TWO plain white tees songs mentioned in this thread? phail.
Put on the album Souvlaki by Slowdive and just drift away. That album kinda resets my feelings, though I usually feel pretty good.

By the way, Dashboard Confessional and Brand New as your songs? Certainly different.
You can't go wrong with Murmaider!!!
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Anberlin - A Day Late (Acoustic)

Not sure.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
carousel-Mr. Bungle
squeeze me macaroni- Mr. Bungle
epic-Faith No More
anything by Mike Patton really...
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
break ups suck man, i just split with my girl too. everytime i hear a song that she had on her myspace or that i remember listening to while with her bums me out....then i usually end up listening to the Alice in Chains unplugged, acoustic Down in a Hole seems to cheer me up for some reason.
Quote by GeekUSA
oh btw am i the only one who realizes that there's been TWO plain white tees songs mentioned in this thread? phail.

Sad isn't it?
Quote by GeekUSA

I haven't heard this band, but don't be a dick.

+1 to Explosions in The Sky - Your Hand in Mine
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Just download "Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album" by Reel Big Fish. A listen through instantly cheers me up when I'm down.

Also Streetlight Manifesto's music has gotten me through some rough times.
rhcp-wet sand
rhcp-i could have lied
rhcp-soul to squeeze
sublime-bad fish
aerosmith-crazy
bullet for my valentine-curses
linkin park-my december
metallica-unforgiven 1 and 2
nine inch nails-hurt
nirvana-half the man i used to be
pantera-cemetary gates
rage against the machine-beautiful world
cure-lovesong
the spill canvas-dutch courage
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Quote by fenderbassist12
hey there, delilah

Dude, you just want him to feel like total ****, don't you?
anything by bright eyes
it may seem really depressing at first but it makes you feel like you're in a way better place than any little emo kid writing songs in his basement

something vague is probably my favorite
Page 1 of 3