How do you gallop? Its a technique I really want to learn. I already know how to like tremolo pick so I think its the next natural step.
What like stuff in Iron Maiden?
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
yup maiden are prolific gallopers

The trooper and Killers are good examples
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
ya kinda strum twice on the string to get the gallop or be like Steve Harris from Maiden and have fingers of steel.
Galloping means playing groups of one 8th note and two 16th notes. It is not to be confused with triplets, although it seems like 90% of the people on UG think it's the same thing.

If you want to learn it, just practice. With a metronome. Every day.
its just 3/4 timing

so up-down-up-rest really quickly
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
listen to anything on kill em all album by metallica, alot of galloping there, whiplash especially

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
its actually 3 quick pick da na na stop da na na really fast hard to get right its in raining blood by slayer too think a horse gallop lol 123 123 123 123 123 powerchord neyaaaaaaaaahhhh! SOLO!!!!!!

sorry
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by Ashdownlover
its just 3/4 timing

so up-down-up-rest really quickly

3/4 timing, what the **** are you talking about? Galloping can be used in all time signatures.
duddudduddud its almost like a twitch
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by Doobs989
so wait is it

D D U D D U D D U

8 16 16 8 16 16 8 16 16

No.

DUD DUD DUD DUD DUD DUD

ss8 ss8 ss8 ss8 ss8 ss8
raining blood is on my profile listen to it after the intro riff

its
C------------------------------------------------3p2--------
G----------------------------------------------4-----3p2---
D-000-000-000-000-000-000-0h2h4------------0-
....v^v...v^v..v^v...v^v..v^v...v^v
i think

EDIT: this song is murder on whatever speed you thought you had lol
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by aeon20k at Nov 2, 2007,
ummm just start off slow and then build up speed
make sure you do it properly though just like kyrreca said its one 8th note followed by two 16ths