So, long story short, I acquired a rather old electric guitar from my buddy, I noticed that it looked like a ripoff Jazzmaster, with only the brand sticker to go by, I set about doing research.

about 57 seconds later, I stumbled upon a name, Kapa Cobra. apparently manufactured from the 60s-70s

http://vintagesilvertones.com/forsale_gtr-kapa_cobra.html

here is some info about mine:

It's rather beat up, the pain is chipped, the scratchplate is a bit cracked, but, I'm actually gonna leave that alone. I rather like the look of this old beaut.. I'm going to have a go at the electronics, as they don't presently work, not sure if its the pickup, or the controls, but that, and the nut, are going to be fixed

As you can see, the nut is essentially no longer adhered to the body.

The redneck in me says that, I should just be able to apply some wood glue, and voila, fixed. Right? I'm not so sure, so I come to you guys, in offering insight as to how I can exactly fix the nut.

thanks!

at least we know you like good music. (i see the black album \m/) but i wanna say you shouldnt use wood glue unless absolutely necessary
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
at least we know you like good music. (i see the black album \m/) but i wanna say you shouldnt use wood glue unless absolutely necessary

so what kind of glue?

don't say nut glue, that pun has already been realized
Quote by vivalasoad883
so what kind of glue?

don't say nut glue, that pun has already been realized

LMAO.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
You'll want to use a little bit of white glue/school glue for the nut.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club