I really love writing my own music, as I'm sure most of you do. But recently, I have found that I have run into the proverbial "brick wall". So, I was wondering if you guys could help me. What do you use for inspiration? How do you pick yourself out of ruts?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Listen to classical music.

Can always put out a nice riff or so from Classical songs.
think about how much something sucks all the time, tune the guitar down a step, and youre set. i write some badass riffs when im pissed off.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Think about what you really care about. You should be able to come up with something. Take it like a psychologist visit. Naybe go to one and record it.
Get pissed off @ something/someone.

I mean REALLY pissed not just "you suck, man"-pissed-off. You'll come up with some crazy riffs..
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
no joke, sometimes i wank

watch movies, listen to music i normally never would. actually just do stuff way out of your usual way.
Take some tylenol pm (like 4) and fight the sleep.
Or large quantities of cough syrup, and just stay awake as long as you can with your guitar at hand.

Or watch some profound movie or read a book.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by x_thurston_x
Take some tylenol pm (like 4) and fight the sleep.
Or large quantities of cough syrup, and just stay awake as long as you can with your guitar at hand.

Or watch some profound movie or read a book.

Now, where'd I put my Tylenol......
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Now, where'd I put my Tylenol......

I'm dead serious too. I know for a fact that's how Kurt Cobain made all those bizarre popular lyrics. He'd down a bottle or two of cough syrup every night.

I do it all the time, gotta be perfectly honest, totally works. Best stuff comes about 10 minutes before i pass out. Make sure you don't have anywhere to be the next day.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Listen to music you heard when you first started, that's what I do and works most of the time.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?