Poll: Do you like your folks?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like your folks?
Love them
32 43%
Hate them
0 0%
Love mom, can't stand dad.
11 15%
Love dad, can't stand mom.
4 5%
We co-exist, that's good enough.
27 36%
Voters: 74.
So what's your relationship like with your parents?

I've noticed that after adolescence, most people reconcile with their folks, whereas most teenagers tend to hate their parents.

So is it half and half? Love? Hate? Dislike?

I've honestly wondered this for a really long time. I've always loved my mom, but it took me 7 years to come to terms with my dad. I fought with him like mad, and don't get me wrong, I fought with my mom too, but there's a difference between fighting and hating or what have you.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Nov 2, 2007,
I'm 18, almost 19, and I've always gotten along with my parents. I never had that "teenage rebellion" stage that most stereotypical teenagers have. Sure, we've had minor disagreements and such, but for the most part we've always been on good terms.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
i like my parents. i've been getting a lot closer with my dad recently, whereas before i was kinda scared of him.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
my mom and me are great, but i think that's because my dad tortures us both

but then again i am 17 so he could be fine for all i know
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
im OKAY with them, there kool on SOME level.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by Mudmen190
Hate is a strong word.

Yeah I dunno why I didn't put dislike or something instead.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

There awesome. I was brought up real loving, so I'm really close to them.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
My parents ofr the most part are pretty cool, especially my mom. I'm still 13 but I don't think I've ever had, or will have that teenage rebellion stage. They just sometimes get on my nerves when they don't let me go out with my friends at reasonable times. They're way too over-protective.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
my moms alright when we talk about 80s metal music, or hanging out and stuff. but my dad is pretty much a douche bag. his dad is an idiot, too. they both farm and assume that i will too, and i told them i have no interest in it whatsoever. theyve pretty much hated me ever since. idc though, farming is gay. you do more work than any other job and you dont get paid. and you live at your job with no weekends off. i mean, whats th epoint? slave labor for some cows, WHOOPEE!
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
I'd say it's good, though I prefer to keep a safe distance overall. Just the usual hello and that's it ATM.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
my mom can be a very testing person at times and she gets on my nerves almost everyday but i wouldn't be anywhere without my parents.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
My old man got so much smarter as I got older it just amazed me. How the fuck did he do that?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
My old man got so much smarter as I got older it just amazed me. How the fuck did he do that?

ah the imfamous words of wisdom from the jackal
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
I don't hate my parents, they support me, least I could do is show some respect. I respect mine, I don't talk to them about personal problems, but I don't argue with them.
i get along with my dad great, but my mom gets annoyed with me
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I have no parents. I was not born, i was created in the Czech Rebublic and I was sent to kill barbera walterz.

Nah. its all good.
i've always been cool with my parents, i've had those diagreements and stuff but who doesn't right? but yeah i love my parents and i wouldn't want to change them for the world
I love and respect my parents. I wouldn't be anywhere without their constant love and support and to show them how much I appreciate this I always tell them what is going on and I am making sure I do something good with my life.

That said, if they are wrong about something I bring it to their attention. Oftentimes, I find that they weren't wrong at all and I need to rethink my position. Sometimes though, they see that they made an error and they fix it. My dad always tells me he loves me for speaking up and avoiding just telling them what I think they want to hear (as long as I do it with respect).

It's all about balance and making sure that you never let the problems you are facing at the moment overtake your love and respect, but still speaking up when you need to.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Mr.McAwesom2112
I have no parents. I was not born, i was created in the Czech Rebublic and I was sent to kill barbera walterz.

Nah. its all good.

Good thing she changed the spelling of her name. Now you'll never find her. ....Ooops
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Mr.McAwesom2112

Nah. its all good.

i found that amusing.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger