With a pedal. And the speaker that comes stock probably won't like it too much. But you're into punk, what do you know about tone?
As a practice amp. But why would you want to pay 3 or 4 hundred bucks for a 15w Fender your using for punk when for 400 you can buy an el cheapo half stack or a decent 2x12 combo?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
it should be pretty good for the ska tone... as for the punk tone though you would definitely want to look into an overdrive or full out distortion pedal (which is conveniant anyway)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
It's a little thing called a joke.

You should really be a stand up comedian then I guess....
Ben
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
With a pedal. And the speaker that comes stock probably won't like it too much. But you're into punk, what do you know about tone?

Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by muffinman123192
You should really be a stand up comedian then I guess....

You should really drink bleach then I guess....
the valve junior is actually imo a better choice for what you play

you have to drive it a little, to get the punk tone , but you can still get that ska tone .... and its significantly cheaper...

trust me that little bugger is loud... so it should work for practicing

id also look into the crate palomino v8
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
You should really drink bleach then I guess....

I'll admit, I actually lol'ed...
Ben
Quote by freshtunes
As a practice amp. But why would you want to pay 3 or 4 hundred bucks for a 15w Fender your using for punk when for 400 you can buy an el cheapo half stack or a decent 2x12 combo?

cuz a Blues Jr. would ****ing own the **** out of an "el cheapo half stack" or a "decent 2x12 combo" that you say.

what kind of a "decent" 2x12 combo are you talking about that comes in at $450? what kind of half stack??? Blues Jr. is one of the best amps for the price.

and its ****ing loud too. 15w tube would blow the **** out of ur 120w spider or some ****.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
cuz a Blues Jr. would ****ing own the **** out of an "el cheapo half stack" or a "decent 2x12 combo" that you say.

what kind of a "decent" 2x12 combo are you talking about that comes in at $450? what kind of half stack??? Blues Jr. is one of the best amps for the price.

and its ****ing loud too. 15w tube would blow the **** out of ur 120w spider or some ****.

You need to lay off the juice brother. Roids' aren't good for ya.
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
You need to lay off the juice brother. Roids' aren't good for ya.

i wanted to lol at ur comebacks, but that one wasn't funny as the otehr ones... u let me down...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i want coffee...

but u can't have coffee or soda or anything huh?

or was that rule for mormons...?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by freshtunes

...Has never played a Blues Junior.
Well I'd like to know more.

What punk are you going for? British Punk? Ramones-esque? Harder stuff?
Also, what kind of guitar do you have, and pedals?

EDIT: Oh, ok, you already bought one...

Still, same questions I'd like answered before I tell you the pedals.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I had a Crate Modeling Amp so I don't have any effects pedals or anything. I like to play I guess harder punk but I like ska too.

Also, how much could I get for a Crate DJ112 Digital Amp... I can't find anything pricewise about them, I'm assuming that I won't get much.
ive got a epi valve jr and a blues junior.

the blues junior is pretty good at the clean to dirty, single coil funk, jazz, rock vibe.

it's loud, a little bit more than you'll want in ur bedroom. enough volume to get over a meduim drummer. mic'd can play a stadium. (if u swap out it's buzzy stock speaker)

the epi jr head and 1x12 cab, is dirtier, darker, and imo, a little more fun, but dont tell shotsie up there.

i use a tube screamer to drive either of them. they are very nice ODs
a blues driver is also Really nice.

for a heavier tone, try a jekyl and hyde OD & Dist duo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Big Muff (Sovtek)
Jekyll and Hyde
MD-2 Mega Distortion

Are all pretty great distortions, though the top two are better han the bottom one.

The DS-1 is great too.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by freshtunes

I can honestly say i think that was a low blow at all the stupid punk kids buying mg and crate halfstacks...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Blues Jr amps r seriously loud. I used to use mine to play with a few bands. Over a full band with drummer w/ 6 piece kit wailing away and a percussionist. We played more jammy stuff like DMB and reggae at the time but we also went into Primus, Pantera and Rush territory when we got bored with that and it always stood up against the band.

I use alot of pedals, mostly cuz i like their individual sounds and that the Blues Jr doesnt have much in the way of the overdrive I was looking for. Great early rock/blues tone. Malcolm Young or Stevie Ray is the vibe that amp gets naturally.

For punk it might work, but I would put a good distortion in front of the amp. That way u also dont come across the potential to blow it up at a gig (seen it happen).

Too be honest tho, it does give u that "Fender"-ish sound no matter what, so unless ur rockin the single coil route, u might not find it meaty enough. But I do love this amp for everything else.
Definitely go the Jekyl and Hyde route. Great pedal. Versatile.. Gets lots of tones...goes for about 130 to 150 depending on where u are.