A good example every metal fan should recognize is Napalm Death, but other then them and several other grind bands, I can't really think of anymore..
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Lykathea Aflame
Opeth (ish)
Skinless
Death
Nevermore

Lots of metal bands depict humanity at its worst in order to convey an innate plea for peace. The last 3 I posted fall into that category.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Hmmm, I've never read Skinless' lyrics before. I guess I was kinda' prejudice in assuming that they where your run of the mill, misanthropic band, when it comes to the lyrics..
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
hmmm...I hope that page is fake.
Either way, Noah doesn't write Skinless' lyrics.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
hmmm...I hope that page is fake.
Either way, Noah doesn't write Skinless' lyrics.

Yeah it's fake considering its straight off of their main Myspace page .

And I'm sure a guy who has a picture of a weather forecast that says "Partial Shiites, Scattered Sunnis" would play in a band that promotes peace and loving.

Quote by Tehzekester
Gojira, sort of? Cattle Decapitation?

They promote an anti-animal abuse message but it's not necessarily peaceful.
Last edited by N_I_N-621 at Nov 2, 2007,
Cattle Decap and Carcass are both vegan bands. Actually, alot of grindcore bands share peace punk/anarcho/crust punk ideals.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
all of these kinds of bands should be stamped out
See.....big sunglasses, not Emperor sunglasses, BIG sunglasses
im pretty sure gojira are quite a peaceful band
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by N_I_N-621
Yeah it's fake considering its straight off of their main Myspace page .

And I'm sure a guy who has a picture of a weather forecast that says "Partial Shiites, Scattered Sunnis" would play in a band that promotes peace and loving.

They promote an anti-animal abuse message but it's not necessarily peaceful.

Well, you're just a dick.
Anyway, read the lyrics for From Sacrifice to Survival, and many of the ones on Trample the Weak. They're pointing out the atrocities of humanity, which, to me, is one way of expressing a peaceful message.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by insideac
Funniest thread ever!

Wait, what, why? It's a very reasonable question, quite alot of metal bands have positive things to say.
Quote by Jackolas
Wait, what, why? It's a very reasonable question, quite alot of metal bands have positive things to say.

Im talking about the whole skinless thing
Quote by guitgrinder
Black mother****ing Sabbath.

While I can agree, I believe this thread is about extreme metal.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by insideac
Im talking about the whole skinless thing

Ah okay, no problem mate.
Gojira write about how global warming is gonna but rape us if we dont do any thing about it...
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
lol

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean