is it possible to do the kill switch method Tom Morello uses on a fender strat?

if so.. how?
You might want to check the Ultimate Killswitch Thread.

There's schematics, directions, and a few people who really know what they're doing.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
yes, i do it with my telecaster. Heres how it is done, Go and buy a SPST (on off) switch, tom uses a toggle style one, i prefer push button. Then you solder it between your output and volume knob or something? you can mount the switch in your pick gaurd just about anywhere. Check out Tom Morellos "soul power" strat. it has one put in custom just like i said. If you do a google search on "killswitch stratocaster" im sure you will find something. For best results take it to a guitar center or something. I paid like 20 bucks to have mine done and it sounds superb. Have fun killswitching.
Quote by DontFightTheFoo
is it possible to do the kill switch method Tom Morello uses on a fender strat?

if so.. how?

you are kidding right?

Its not like he uses a Strat or anything like that...
There's already a thread on this. That's how I did it.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
You have to do some wiring and install a volume pot for each pick-up (or atleast two of them). Then you simply turn one to full and the other(s) to 0 and you got yourself a killswitch like Tom Morello. Another way would be to just do what Johnny Greenwood did and install a kill switch. I dont know how to do this and i prefer the other way since you can have more versatility of tones with more volume knobs. Especially on a nice tube amp.
yea, but hes not looking to do that... and having a 3-4-5 way selector for killswitching wouldnt be nice man.
Yeah but thats how Tom does it doesn't he? Thats what i thought cos he does it with a selector of a strat.. I seen him do it live
no man, check out youtube videos, he is using a toggle switch on the lower horn of his black strat "soul power" its not a pickup selecter, there isnt 2 volume pots, theres 1 volume, 2 tone, juts like any strat, he just has a killswitch installed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-nF8jG3Hc

it is just a simple SPST switch.
P.S buy a durable switch, i broke mine quite easily, so i switched to push button.
yeh tom uses a 3 way selector switch, like on a gibson SG (or my strat) he turns the neck to 0 and the bridge to 10.... I do it all the time, but i guess if you want to use all of your pickups you can just wire a killswitch... before i rebuilt my strat i was able to do this with my standard 5 way but thats cuz my neck pickup was shot.....
It's a lot easier just to get a SPST or SPDT switch and wire it to ground the output.

It's described well here. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528529
It's a very simple job, you just need to drill a small hole in the pickguard, and solder two new wires.

If you have any more questions, or require more assistance, take it to the Ultimate Killswitch Thread.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Argh theres no need for this thread just go to Ultimate Killswitch Thread, it taught me to put my killswitch on my Fender, all the helps there...
/CENTER]