how much would it cost to get em put in for me at a guitar store? i got a ZW set and i think i could do it myself, but i dont wanna screw it up so im gunna take it in to get it done, how much roughly is it gunna be?
digitech death metal for sale, $35, marshal mg100hdfx=$250 obo
Last edited by winnate at Nov 4, 2007,
haha
well
i'd give it a 2
i means its pretty simple
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by Khoshaba
haha
well
i'd give it a 2
i means its pretty simple

sorry to kind of highjack the thread, but what about installing in a les paul? where does the battery and stuff go?
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
dude if you are a beginnner and have no experince it will be a 10000000000000000 and if you are bit more advanced and are good with your guitar then maybe a 5 or 6 but really dude bring it in for someone to do it beucase you have to put in a differnt pot
If you have none of the required tools, and no experience at this kind of wiring. You are gonna wanna pay someone to do it for you. The instructions are included with the pickups they are pretty easy to follow. I dont know how many guys have been on here asking how to do this and how long it takes em to get em working right. As for the guy asking where th battery goes a little common sense would say the only place available in the control compartment.
k but anyone know a price?
digitech death metal for sale, $35, marshal mg100hdfx=$250 obo
Quote by winnate
k but anyone know a price?

well they are 200$ for 81/85 and 80$ to install at guitar center, so thats 300 with tax or something like that.

ill opt for passives.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
^ You can get the labor much cheaper, and often better, at a local guitar store though. GC sees hundreds of guitars a week, and are going to be much less inclined to do a thorough, careful job than a little shop.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
wow...half the people that posted obviously didn't read the TS's post. he didn't ask on a scale of 1-10 how hard it was gonna be. he said he was gonna take it in because he's inexperienced

i didn't pay over $100 ('bout $70), but my pup's were passive so i don't know if they'll charge extra for the actives.

EDIT: to the guy asking bout the LP, you can choose to route a cavity in the body to act as a battery compartment, or you can mount it in the wiring cavity. i'd suggest the latter so you don't have to do any routing

EDIT2: instrumental's right. i took mine to a smaller shop and they not only charged less than GC, but he polished my guitar & gave it a free setup...he got a huge tip and a customer for life
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Nov 7, 2007,