Hi when I play shed things with my Jackson WRXT Warrior through a Metal Zone and my solid state randall, I get a very annoying picking soud on each note I play. I use Dunlop Jazz III if that can help. How can I reduce that sound?

PLZZZZ HELP!
u dont like pick attacks. eric johnson style? haha. turn your tone control down, or your presence control. that can help a bit. but when u do this, be sure not to turn up ur bass too much.

and this should go in either electric guitar or GG&A forums.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Try fingerpicking.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
umm, don't use a pick?
seriously, a pick will make picking noises, if you don't like it, maybe you should just tap everything
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Tap evrything? uh... When you listen to some Steve Vai thing, you don't hear pick noise (not a lot)...
nah dude i hear lots of pick attack from vai. eric johnson is the one without them.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by DarK666SiM
Hi when I play shed things with my Jackson WRXT Warrior through a Metal Zone and my solid state randall, I get a very annoying picking soud on each note I play. I use Dunlop Jazz III if that can help. How can I reduce that sound?

PLZZZZ HELP!

i like it, it helps me know when the artist is picking or using hammer ons/pull offs.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Actually no, youre an idiot.
I don't really mind the "pick attacks" =/

(WTF?)
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
If I'm playing something very fast, let's say 4 notes per beat at 150-160, I'll hear what im playing but with tac-tac-tac-tac-tac-tac in backgroung... That F***IN S**K lol!
Can you explain more your idea plz shigidab0p? I will mabe get a guitar teacher if I can't stop that sound so... make me save my money plz!
Last edited by DarK666SiM at Nov 3, 2007,
You have to learn to pick softly. That's what a friend told me, not sure if softly is the word, but it's possible to get rid of all the picking noise.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
turn down the level on your metal zone n00b.
and gain.

+1

i wouldnt worry about the picking noise, your tone probably sucks anyway

and the picking sound youre talking about is quite often reduced in the studio
Your problem is just how you attack the strings. Its all in your technique. I'm not going to write a full out lesson here as there are already plenty on this site, but just practice. You don't have to bare down on your strings all the time. You have to finesse it sometimes. After awhile you'll learn how to control your pick attack and be able to use it to your advantage.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

first tell me if the sound is coming from the amp or your guitar.
like is it the actual sound of your plastic hitting the strings that is annoying or you hear this like scraping sound coming from your guitar?
the only reason you dont hear picking sounds from steve vai or whatever is because when people record things its directly fed to the computer from the guitar so you wont hear any outside sounds.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV