hey guys i was at my guitar shop today and tried a few guitars, the ones i liked were the ibanez s370 and the ibanez sz320.....i like the sz320's thicker neck better but....it seemed as though the s370 had the lowest action of any guitar in that shop, do most S ibanez's come with stock action really low?? j/w if i could lower the action on the sz320 that low??

and btw, what strings do you guys reccomend?? ill be playing mostly metal (someone suggested earnie ball 9 guage but idk?)
dont worry about string action, you can adjust that later. get the guitar that feels the best and sounds the best
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Depends what kind of metal you're playing. For old school metal, a set of 10's should suffice. For today's drop-tuned garbage, try something thicker.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Quote by breadfan82
Depends what kind of metal you're playing. For old school metal, a set of 10's should suffice. For today's drop-tuned garbage, try something thicker.

lawls thats not garbage.....geez and some of the old stuff is pretty bad also sometimes. dude id say get some ghs boomers they are freaking perfect for the ibanez s series my friend had slinky's on his and i said to use ghs and the tone and overall playability was raised a bit more which is good and yes the s series guitars have a general low action i would say get the s beucase its a bit more versitile than the sz
I like using the D'addario 11's. They're nice and think and give you manly hands. If you drop tune, go 12.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
i'll be loving my 10-52's real strong like.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
Thats a nice gauge tuning to Eb

And for standard on an LP

The more years that go by the higher my action gets, the sustain and tone is worth it!
Last edited by Silky Smooth at Nov 3, 2007,
Quote by convictionless
lawls thats not garbage.....geez and some of the old stuff is pretty bad also sometimes. dude id say get some ghs boomers they are freaking perfect for the ibanez s series my friend had slinky's on his and i said to use ghs and the tone and overall playability was raised a bit more which is good and yes the s series guitars have a general low action i would say get the s beucase its a bit more versitile than the sz

well see the s370 is a discontinued model and costs 250$ used, only cost 300$ new when it was out

the sz320ex is 300$ but costs 479$ new and has a set neck,better body, and better stock PUPs....plus the slightly thicker neck on the SZ feels better because i have huge hands, on the small S's neck my finger would like over lap the whole fret board