Hi when I play shed things with my Jackson WRXT Warrior through a Metal Zone and my solid state randall, I get a very annoying picking soud on each note I play. I use Dunlop Jazz III if that can help. How can I reduce that sound?

PLZZZZ HELP!
not so much bass maybe? it stops that sound for me, but sometimes i like it.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
that just happens as you get better your techniqe will get better and you will eventually just make it go away with better techniqe
I, like Paul Gilbert, actually like that picking sound (if I'm thinking of the same sound). Listen to some Gilbert and tell me if it's the same sound. If it is, it's coming from hitting the strings at a 45 degree angle, and also has to do with how your amp is EQ'd.
I pick paralell to the strings (the good way to do it)... You think putting less treble or bass would help? I can't try all my family's sleeping :p
Probably because you're picking too close to the body to where the pick grinds against the string as it plucks the string.

Causes a slight scratching sound and the initial pluck, all in a split second. Painfully noticeable, I just plant my arm on the side of the body, and angle my wrist so the pick barely hits the strings but enough so that I can get a strong signal and still alternate pick without scratching against the strings.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by DarK666SiM
I pick paralell to the strings (the good way to do it)... You think putting less treble or bass would help? I can't try all my family's sleeping :p

Oh? The good way to do it? Depends on what you want. If you want a clear, aggressive, picking sound, then sure. If you want speed, then ya better tilt it
Dam... are you saying that I should relearn how to pick??? On UG you must do this like one time per month... Should I hold my pick 45 degrees while playing fast parts?
Last edited by DarK666SiM at Nov 3, 2007,
Does the guitar/pickups have something to do whit that? I think it shoud but does it?..?..?
Quote by DarK666SiM
Does the guitar/pickups have something to do whit that? I think it shoud but does it?..?..?

Stop trying to blame your equipment. Just try different picking techniques like EVERYONE said.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead