ok so im playing guitar for a rap version of a christmas song

ok whatever but i have no idea what to play...

it has to be a continuous riff so i was messing with the pentatonic scale and some power chords and couldnt get anything from that...

what scales/chords should i use?

Just like.... "solo" it.

Kinda how slash did it back in GNR. He'd just like... "solo" through the whole song... or most of it.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Quote by Fyre Deity
Just like.... "solo" it.

Kinda how slash did it back in GNR. He'd just like... "solo" through the whole song... or most of it.

i dont realy get what you mean (i havnt got any guns and roses songs on my computer to listen to to see what you mean by solo lol)
Me and a new project are doing an actual hardcore version of Crank Dat Soulja boi. Kinda like what I set my friends on fire did, just that ours will have some riffs all the way through and use a guitar instead of the xylophone thingy. (I think it's a synth)
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Try something like Kaki King and have a percussive thing going on. Of course there is the possiblilty that you just play the christmas song and the only difference is the guy rapping over it.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Me and a new project are doing an actual hardcore version of Crank Dat Soulja boi. Kinda like what I set my friends on fire did, just that ours will have some riffs all the way through and use a guitar instead of the xylophone thingy. (I think it's a synth)

ok so i have an idea now il just find a guitar pro tab with all the other instruments in the song and play that....

that miiiiight work...
Not the best example, but "Sweet Child of Mine"

it doesn't quite sound like "strumming" as much as "soloing" (although not technically soloing, ya know?)
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Last edited by Fyre Deity at Nov 3, 2007,
Quote by Fyre Deity
Not the best example, but "Sweet Child of Mine"

it doesn't quite sound like "strumming" as much as "soloing" (although not technically soloing, ya know?)

yea ok il try that

i still need a scale and/or some chords to go with

Quote by Final !mpact
yea ok il try that

I think pentatonics are the way to go.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Final !mpact
yea ok il try that

just try humming the music part of the song. then just find whatever chord matches the pitch of your hum, and then just like do the "soloing" on the chord. when the pitch of ur hum changes (to match that of the song), find the new chord. Its tedious but not impossible.

(FYI: It's no different than trying out how to tab a clapton song or some other guitar-song.)
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Quote by Fyre Deity
just try humming the music part of the song. then just find whatever chord matches the pitch of your hum, and then just like do the "soloing" on the chord. when the pitch of ur hum changes (to match that of the song), find the new chord. Its tedious but not impossible.

(FYI: It's no different than trying out how to tab a clapton song or some other guitar-song.)

thanks man im gonna try the humming thing
theres only three wekks till the school concert (3 rehersals with that class)

and in the end i think it will all fall to **** and il end up playing some iron maiden shaking my head while these retards run around the stage

still it would be good if i could pull this off