My one spot has held up fine under regular gigging with two pedals for about 4 or 5 months now, but unbeknown to my band members, I've been secretly constructing an awesome PEDALBOARD OF DEATH that will contain either 5 or 6 pedals. Can the onespot handle that without making too much noise or is it time to get a DC Brick Power Supply? If it helps/ makes any difference, the pedals are a Budda Budwah, Fulltone Distortion Pro, BBE Boosta Grande, Visual Sound H20 Liquid Chorus, and Boss DD-6 Digital Delay. I haven't tried running them all through the 1 spot yet because I have a Planet waves Pedal cable kit to connect them all, and if I end up getting a Brick or similar power supply, the arrangement of pedals is going to be pretty different. So i haven't commited myself to a particular arrangement yet by hacking the cables in any specific manner. As always, thank you to everyone in advance for your valuable insights.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists
I don't know much about pedalboards, but I must compliment your taste in pedals. I'm getting the Buddwah soon as well
Be sure to have a box of tissues on hand for your first time using it. It is amazing. UPS screwed up my Budwah shipment, and it took me more than two months to get it, but that longing and desiring just embodied itself into the most orgasmic wah experience I've ever had when it arrived a few weeks ago.

i have a 1spot and have had absolutely no problems with it
it's cheap it's great it works
i don't see why you would pay so much money for the same thing
get the 1 spot
ive had my 1 spot for a couple years. I LOVE IT. no hum, almost everything i own can be run on it.

i need another one actually.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I run 8 pedals through it. Have had it for about a a year w/ no problems at all. Good piece of gear IMO and u cant beat the price.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
hmmm, only Lovers of the one Spot seem to be answering. I must say, its done my two pedals justice. I guess it is pretty allright. Its just that there's one freaking space on my pedal board left because my AMT Equalizer has been backordered for over three months now! I was about to give up on it and fill the space with a power supply instead. I guess the UG verdict is "Stand by your ONESPOT".

I have a one spot and power only one pedal with now but it's been working well...yes i'm a pedal noob.

Curious though, how do you run multiple pedals with the same adapter? I've seen extensions to connect with with the adapter, but they are made to take up to 8 pedals. I just need to power maybe 5?

Looks great for $35
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-1-Spot-Combo-Pack?sku=150373
*runs out and buys more pedals to use the one spot*
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Nov 3, 2007,
I was skeptic about them myself, but this thing is amazing. No hum or anything, powers a bunch of pedals, and even the ones on batteries and stuff!!

Visual Sound is a great company.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by affinity_strat
hmmm, only Lovers of the one Spot seem to be answering. I must say, its done my two pedals justice. I guess it is pretty allright. Its just that there's one freaking space on my pedal board left because my AMT Equalizer has been backordered for over three months now! I was about to give up on it and fill the space with a power supply instead. I guess the UG verdict is "Stand by your ONESPOT".

I dunno, I got the impression there was a bit of hum when running more than 3-5 pedals.
I run 4, soon to be more, and there has been no hum.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Ive got a one spot powering lets see.....

fender tuner
morley wah
boss blues driver
big muff
small clone
dl-4
digiverb

No hum, no extra noise.
Question. Say Some Kind of Power short or surge were to befall my onespot, would all my nice expensive pedals be screwed? I don't remember the kind of protection it says it has.

ummmm....i think it has some sort of protection against surges...
i put mine in a surge protector/power strip though
Quote by affinity_strat
Question. Say Some Kind of Power short or surge were to befall my onespot, would all my nice expensive pedals be screwed? I don't remember the kind of protection it says it has.

I can't imagine without a dedicated ground lug, (ie, 3-prong plug), that is has very much in-built protection.

Always better to have a seperate surge strip anyway.

As far as my onespot goes, I've not had any hum added to my signal. (I get a fair amount in the effects and amp from the computers and fluorescents in my room).
Last edited by The Atomic Ass at Nov 24, 2007,
Well, the dc brick doesn't look like it's isolated either, like the pedal power, so it might just be a onespot with an 18v option.

The only pedal I've had hum with with the onespot is the holy grail. Any other pedals were faults with the pedals themselves, not the onespot.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by the_crimison
can you run 18v pedals off a one spot with some kind of converter?

Godlyke has a thing for that, although I'm not sure if it works on the one spot.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yeah, mine seems to be hum-free. And I wouldn't ever think about running any of my gear off of a surge protector.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'd vote against it. The rigs I've built with it have all had hum issues when using this power supply, and I've seen so many of them fail outright in the middle of shows. If you're building a rig for use on stage, go with something more sturdy and noise free like the Voodoo Labs unit. If you're just wanking around at home, then the 1spot will probably be okay.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Curious though, how do you run multiple pedals with the same adapter? I've seen extensions to connect with with the adapter, but they are made to take up to 8 pedals. I just need to power maybe 5?

With this.

Multi-Plug 5 Cable for 1 Spot Adapter. It connects to your 1 Spot adapter and powers exactly 5 pedals.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Here's what i'm doing. I'm getting some of those adapters that you can select the voltage and get like 1 for each pedal then plug each one into a power strip that i already have and it should have less noise than the one spot since each one is regulated and it'll cost less than a brick. i'm hoping this will work lol.