So I went to an of Montreal show tonight. It was great! I got right up to the front (well, second 'row', really). I really like how the live versions of the songs are more experimental in a way. Like how "She's a Rejector" ends with a really noisey jam.
Afterwards, I met Kevin Barnes in a parking lot, and got to hang with him for a few minutes. It was a highlight for me, he's one of my musical heros.

Any talk about of Montreal? What do you think of their new album? So far, it's album of the year for me, but In Rainbows - like most radiohead - is surely a grower. Boxer aswell. Hissing Fauna is just so fun though!

(and yeah, I did make this thread mainly to brag. but I also noticed a lack of of montreal!)
Isn't Hissing Fauna a 2006 album? And there's also another thread about of montreal somewhere. Anyways, did they play any new songs? I'm waiting for the new album to come out
^I'm sure it leaked before that lol
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Did anyone hear their recent cover of Neil Young's "Harvest Moon"?
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Of Montreal rule. She's a Rejector is one of my favorite songs and all the older stuff is great too.
I became sexually attracted to Kevin from to much of Montreal, avoid extensive listenings to prevent this.
Quote by julio1987
Anyways, did they play any new songs? I'm waiting for the new album to come out

When I saw them they played a couple of new songs for an encore. I liked it.

The show was exactly what I had hoped for, a glamorous dance party. It's amazing how much they've changed since they formed. I still can't get enough of them.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
Quote by jon333
Afterwards, I met Kevin Barnes in a parking lot, and got to hang with him for a few minutes. It was a highlight for me, he's one of my musical heros.

No way! I'm jealous of you.

What I wouldn't give to hang out with t3h K3v1nz.

(Swoon.)
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
^kevin is like the only guy i would sleep with
after bowie and a few others
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Step away, f00lz. I called dibs first.

Hissing Fauna has basically been one of my soundtracks for the year.
Quote by marchoso
The show was exactly what I had hoped for, a glamorous dance party. It's amazing how much they've changed since they formed. I still can't get enough of them.

It's amazing that the same band could play "Everything Disappears When You Come Around", "Disconnect the Dots" and "Faberge Falls for Shuggie" and still retain it's essence.
Does anyone else think that Jerry Seinfeld is an idiot for not including "Happy Yellow Bumblebee" on the Bee Movie soundtrack?
^such a cute little song!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I just start listeing to of montreal...its alright i guess, its a little, uhmmm, poppyish for my tastes...I cant have sex to it, so it will never be great music though.
I have Sundlantic Twins and Hissing Fauna, and I must admit, Hissing Fauna is one of my favorite buys in the past half year. Gotta love Of Montreal!
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Love Hissing Fauna, great album, also got an EP of thiers floating around as well as Of Montreal's freeindie webmix.
I Love The Song "Disconnect The Dots" Its Really Catchy
IM BIG IN JAPAN♥
Pretty much everything Kevin does is really catchy.
anyone else enjoy the song "little rock"? i have never been to the city and i don't really have a desire to after hearing the song.