I'm not sure if this goes here or in the electric guitar forum, point me in the right direction and I'll move this.

My friend who is going to be playing rhythm guitar in my band has a Fender Bullet. His is the only one I've ever seen - I'd never heard of a Bullet until when I first saw his. I found out why when I looked it up on Wikipedia - they were only in production from 1981 to 1984. I deduced from the Wiki article that his is probably a 1982 standard Bullet, because it has a Strat-shaped body, Tele-shaped maple neck, two pickups with a three-way switch, and a white metal pickguard/bridge combo.

That's what I need help with - his bridge needs to be rebuilt, it's in awful shape, but I have no clue where to get parts for it.

Does anyone know where I can find him a new pickguard/bridge piece and a new set of saddles?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Does it have a standard Fender Vibrato? If so, just order another and install it.
No, it looks somewhat like the bridge assembly of a Telecaster, except not...

I wish I had it with me right now.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Nov 3, 2007,
There was a special bridge used in the early 80s by fender. I have an 83 elite it has a very different looking bridge on it than standard fender. If its one of those and needs a new one he has a piece of kindling. They were only made and used in that time period and getting another is virtually impossible. That time period was a strange one for fender. They dont even list the elite from that time period on their website. I went and looked the bullet guitar has a fixed bridge so another style should fit it. You probably wont have much luck with parts from mender they dont like to admit they made those guitars.
That's not what I wanted to hear Thanks though

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Dont get me wrong I really really like my elite. Everything I read on the net says the same people wont part with em. They sound really good. Dont see many running around. At least your friends is a fixed bridge screw holes might be different or something like that but can be fixed. Its the wammy bar guitars that cant get parts for. I know mine came with factory EMGs in it and has the little battery compartment in the back. But the springs for the wammy are under the pickguard. They are just oddball guitars.
i have one of the earlier ones, with the more tele esque body. is the bridge the kind thats a hybrid with the pickguard: the pickguard is made of metal and curls up at the back, to which the saddles are connected? if so, sorry, but i doubt you're gonna be able to replace it easily. the parts that make it up are unique to these guitars, and obviously they havent been made for a long time. i can only suggest that you keep searching ebay, sometimes people sell bullets in parts. i lost one of the slugs to adjust action from one of my saddles. don't think i'm ever gonna be able to replace it. oh well, i can still adjust action without it.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
i like people who don't read the previous posts in threads.

not really.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
is the bridge the kind thats a hybrid with the pickguard: the pickguard is made of metal and curls up at the back, to which the saddles are connected?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about!

Nobody at Guitar Center knew what the hell I meant. They told me to just bring it in and show them.

I know there's a Tele bridge that has somewhat similar saddles, so I'm gonna try that. Now that I know how old and rare this guitar is, I'm actually just as set on fixing it as my friend is.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA