i mainly play a lot of metal, but nice cleans would also be nice, not a nessecity, im thinking about 60W. In short, i have no idea what to look for in amps, i've been told these 2 brands are good (Peavey & Line 6 Spider III) so for metal which would you choose, and what type?
my price limit is about $800 (AUS$)

thanks in advance
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
The Spider is great for Metal IMO. My school has a peavey, im not sure which, i think its a Bandit 112 or a Transtube 112 or something. Imo my spider > schools peavey.

Check into the Roland Cube and the Vox ADVT as well.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I don't know how much an australian dollar is worth, but look into some randalls. Ignore the Spiders. They are NOT good amps.
and particular randall product?
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
I'd stay away from the Spider as well. Tried a few of them, even the tube one, and was not impressed in the slightest.

If you're looking at Peavey, one that should fall in your price range may be the Valveking 112. It's pretty versatile, and may do some metal on it's own, but you'd probably want to get an overdrive/distortion pedal for anything really heavy.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
That's too bad the tube spider's aren't any good. I was hoping they would have turned out better.
Quote by Guitar_Poet
peavey > line 6 any day.....

which peavey would you recommend for metal/rock though?

thanks to everyone btw
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by Taylz24
which peavey would you recommend for metal/rock though?

thanks to everyone btw

used 5150 or a VK w/ a VERY nice Metal Pedal such as a HBE Full Metal Jacket. I own one and its the most amazing pedal ive ever used.
the 5150's distortion is obviously going to better but with a Really really nice pedal and a vk youll get really good cleans plus a really good dist but still not as great as something coming from an amp obviously.
i use a peavey classic 30... its a great amp, as its really versatile... it has GREAT distortion (get a footswitch) and sweet cleans as well... im not sure which other peavey to recommend as i havent played one other than my own since i purchased this one (about three years ago)... but the classic 30 works very well for me no matter what i want to play (rock and metal included), so its a safe bet to go with it. dont ignore the other amps, as im sure there are other great ones as well.... im just saying, the classic 30 is a great amp and would most likely work for what you want... but try it for yourself.

its not the 60W you were thinking of ["im thinking about 60W"], but if youre thinking the 60W will be louder, it wont really make much of a difference. crank the classic 30 and your ears will be ringing for a while, hahahaha..
My amp gets the perfect trivium tone.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
The Valveking, with a Tubescreamer set at low gain boost but a lot of volume boost, will handle metalz easy.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
two words: Engl fireball

perfect cleans and the best destortion ever

end of the story

edit: if they are too pricy for you than you should get the engl screamer combo!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Quote by SMterminator
My amp gets the perfect trivium tone.

no... it's an alright amp, but I can tell you that it doesnt.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia