im finally going to get this guitar after a long long wait,due to the fact that im left handed and i had to wait till anything left handed popped into my country,

and the fact that i had to save for like a year to be able to afford swapping my guitar for it,in my countrys currency,this guitar costs 3000 egp and is considered a high end instrument,...!

so,i was wondering if anyone had any remarks about this guitar,how it plays,hows the whammy bar like,hows the tone like
ive seen the reviews on UG,but all guitars seem to be getting good reviews here,what i really want is a non-biased criticism

so,does/did anyone own one and hows it like?
no. Not good enough. Save up for an rg550/570/1570/ s 520 / s 470

I own an rg350 which is the same guitar with a pickguard.

Just friggin dont. Tremolo doesnt cut it, stock pickups arent great. Spend more cash, get a better guitar.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
no. Not good enough. Save up for an rg550/570/1570/ s 520 / s 470

I own an rg350 which is the same guitar with a pickguard.

Just friggin dont. Tremolo doesnt cut it, stock pickups arent great. Spend more cash, get a better guitar.

id have to agree with this guy, the guitar is close but no cigar
and how much more does any of the others cost? (in UK or american currency) becase every 10$ increase is like a 60 pound increase for me!
and if you could recommend me anything else in the same price range of the 370?and it doesn't have to be Ibanez! remember,im left handed,so im going to send for it!
I've played it extensively. It plays OK, but the fit and finish isn't great, the pickups are dreadfully misaligned, and the tremolo is very unstable, detuning wildly.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'll agree with everything else that has been said. For a similar price you could also look into a Jackson Pro series Dinky, I own the DK2M, and its a fantastic guitar for the price. The stock trem is great, but if you want a better one down the line, it switches for an OFR
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
yeh but shop owners here are wierd,anything tagged with "jackson" is sold for at least 4000 pounds (400 UK pounds)! so that would be hard to acquire!
The RG350 has a "Edge III" tremelo...
One hell of an important thing to know is:

NEVER EVER BUY A EDGE III!

These trem's are made out of low-quality "metal" and break pretty quick.
They also tend to de-tune quite often and... well... they're just rubbish!

If you want an Ibanez go for one with a Low-Pro trem, Edge-Pro or a ZR-bridge (the S- line of Ibanez).
BUT... you can also just look for another guitar brand like Jackson (DK2M) or Schecter (C-1FR)...
EDIT: i posted a right handed guitar, my bad, so im just erasing what i said.
Last edited by Wylde_Man at Nov 4, 2007,
heard good things about the rg321 I believe? No tremolo.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
i have an rg370dx. the tremelo is just terrible, cant hold tune at all. other then the tremelo i think its a decent guitar, as long as u dont use the whammy bar at all. But u might aswell get a guitar with a good tremelo or no tremelo at all. So like everyone else is saying, go for something else.

the rg321MH is cheaper and quite decent. Has rather good reviews too.
maybe a jackson JS30KE (ive only played in stores tho, but the reviews for it are ok) if u like pointy guitars.

Unless ur looking for a guitar with a tremelo.
If you upgrade it it's a great guitar. My buddy threw in some new Dimarzio's and it screams, he plays it more than his 570.

The trem is meh, but then again you can upgrade it to an OFR.
Quote by TJM2482
If you upgrade it it's a great guitar. My buddy threw in some new Dimarzio's and it screams, he plays it more than his 570.

The trem is meh, but then again you can upgrade it to an OFR.

might as well (or better) just go with a decent guitar in one go.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Walternativo
heard good things about the rg321 I believe? No tremolo.

got an RG321EX here, love it to bits. Fixed bridge and EMG-IBZ pickups.
Ibanez RGR321EX
RG321MH would be a good choice, Fixed bridge, Mahogany body, good neck and good price.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Walternativo
might as well (or better) just go with a decent guitar in one go.

indeed...
Or you can buy a 300 dollar (???) "crap"-guitar and re-arrange everything for a 150-200 dollar and also need someone with a bit knowledge or just try it yourself with the change you screw up

OR you can buy a higher-end guitar for the 500 dollar you would have spend and have fun with it for the coming few gigs and upgrade that one if you like!
well,its a little complicated than that

theres only one left handed guitar,which is the RG370DX,thats what the music store has got,and to go for something else means i'll have to make the shop order one for me left handed,
which-in addition to waiting 6 months-may cost more,and given that a better guitar would be more expensive,i wonder if i should get this one and upgrade the trem later on?

or should i just order something and wait? and what else can i get that is not much more expensive and has a good trem?here in my country its easiest to get a washburn,ibanez or yamaha,mmm,maybe cort,so what options do i have?

or should i just get this one and upgrade it,i dont wanna wait 6 months!
Quote by Alijonroth

theres only one left handed guitar,which is the RG370DX,thats what the music store has got,and to go for something else means i'll have to make the shop order one for me left handed,
which-in addition to waiting 6 months-may cost more,and given that a better guitar would be more expensive,i wonder if i should get this one and upgrade the trem later on?

or should i just order something and wait? and what else can i get that is not much more expensive and has a good trem?here in my country its easiest to get a washburn,ibanez or yamaha,mmm,maybe cort,so what options do i have?

theres more than 1 store in the world. Look, buddy, dont go with the 370. You WILL regret it. Id know; I own the thing (with a pickguard).
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Alijonroth

If you order a nice guitar, the 6 months will be worth it. A 800USD Ibanez will last you a long time (Ibanez RG1570 lefty.) Maybe you can try getting a Fender Standard Stratocaster, if you don't want to stretch your budget. I don't know how many guitar shops they have in Egypt, but I'm sure one of them has to have a lefty Fender Strat!

And as for swapping it out, that may be a good idea, if you can learn how to do it, and if you can afford a Floyd Rose (around 150 USD) in the future, but in my opinion you would be better off buying a nice guitar to start with; you won't have to buy new parts for it and it will give you nothing but good feelings :P
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Last edited by AznElliot518 at Nov 3, 2007,
Couldn't you import a guitar yourself?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by AznElliot518
If you order a nice guitar, the 6 months will be worth it. A 800USD Ibanez will last you a long time (Ibanez RG1570 lefty.) Maybe you can try getting a Fender Standard Stratocaster, if you don't want to stretch your budget. I don't know how many guitar shops they have in Egypt, but I'm sure one of them has to have a lefty Fender Strat!

And as for swapping it out, that may be a good idea, if you can learn how to do it, and if you can afford a Floyd Rose (around 150 USD) in the future, but in my opinion you would be better off buying a nice guitar to start with; you won't have to buy new parts for it and it will give you nothing but good feelings :P

lefty electric guitars are thin on the ground here,electric guitars arent popular here,keyboards,pianos and classical guitars are,but not electric guitars,so i doubt i'll find a lefty strat, righty strats are relatively available though,on the other hand,i always wanted 24 frets!
im not sure i can stretch my budget much but it seems from your comments that the 370 is awful,so,ill try to find something else...

and no,i cant import one myself,cuz the only way i can do it is through the internet,and by experience,its not secure,oh and the customs will slay me!

i may find someone who is travelling abroad and make him get me something,but can you guys suggest something in the same price range (or not much higher) that is somewhat more decent?
You're playing metal and tremelo-****?

Schecter C-1FR but I think that's even harder to get in Egypt
Jackson DK2M
Just a regular Fender Stratocaster (S-S-H a.k.a. Fat-strat)
eeehm...

And with the ibanez-zes... I would say... RG550 (second hand or something... the new one is a bit more expensive), RG1570, RG2570, RG570...
Or you can go for a Ibanez S470 (very good budget-guitar)...
thanks man,i'll check those out,

but the jackson is out of the picture, salesmen here skyrocket the price of any guitar labeled Jackson,even entry level ones,they know that metal noobs here would pay anything for a jackson!
mm,maybe if i make someone travelling get it for me..,that could work
and no i dont play metal (not mainly anyway!) but i need a relatively heavy sounding guitar with a trem
and you cant imagine the agony of playing a restrung right handed guitar! and it doesnt even have a trem!
ok...
You can get a schecter in basically every European country (except the eastern countries like Macedonia etc.)
Eeehm Fender... well you can get them everywhere!!!!!!

The shop you're talking about...
Is that just a shop with guitars in the shop etc.?
Else you can just go there and check some guitars for yourself...

It's to bloody ****ed up that you live in a country with "no" guitars...
Quote by Walternativo
theres more than 1 store in the world. Look, buddy, dont go with the 370. You WILL regret it. Id know; I own the thing (with a pickguard).
And I bet, that you are a trem n00b and yours is not set up properly.

The Edge 3 can last you 3-5 years if its set up right, but since the Ibanez 3** models are affordable, lots of guitar n00bs buy them, and have no clue what they are doing, so lots of trems get ****ed up.

While Prestige models, costing around $800, are more expensive and DO have better stuff, but a lot less n00bs buy em because they cost more.
Quote by FRDesign

The Edge 3 can last you 3-5 years if its set up right, but since the Ibanez 3** models are affordable, lots of guitar n00bs buy them, and have no clue what they are doing, so lots of trems get ****ed up.

While Prestige models, costing around $800, are more expensive and DO have better stuff, but a lot less n00bs buy em because they cost more.

Can I disagree with this?
A friend of my had one...
He has built several own guitars, takes engineering-classes on our dutch music-college and stuff...
But his trem (set up properly) did break after one year of abuse!

And he isn't the only one with this problem!

But if you leave this out it's still a trem that screws up your tuning pretty bad with and without a proper setup!
i really loved the looks of the schecter,i'll see if i can get that or a strat,

i could try guitars out in the shop,no probs,but all they got is right handed stuff,they dont import left handed guitars because the probability of them being sold is not big here!

that Ibanez came by chance to a left handed guy,who then had a change of mind and quit the whole thing!
Quote by FRDesign

how do you know how my trem is set up? Are you psychic?
Lots of people have the same problem. Look it up on say harmony central/search function here/whatever...

you know what I think? I think youre pissed off because I 'insulted' the guitar you have as your pic :P. Dont call me a noob cos I dont share your opinion.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Walternativo
how do you know how my trem is set up? Are you psychic?
Lots of people have the same problem. Look it up on say harmony central/search function here/whatever...

you know what I think? I think youre pissed off because I 'insulted' the guitar you have as your pic :P. Dont call me a noob cos I dont share your opinion.

No, Just some people are n00bs and shouldn't be talking.
Quote by FRDesign
No, Just some people are n00bs and shouldn't be talking.

Eh, the trem's shit. Sure, if you give it a proper overhaul often, it'll last you longer. If you don't touch the thing, it'll easily last you 3-5 years. If you lock your guitar in the case and destroy the key, it'll probably be somewhat fine after 15 years!

But it's still shit, because a trem that requires constant maintenance is exactly that. It's like a car that runs just fine for as long as you change oil every week, fuel it only with triple filtered double premium at six dollars a gallon, and never go past the third gear. In other words, it's shit.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!