... a Laney GH50L, what 2x12 cab should I get?

I play Trivium, Metallica, Pantera, Killswitch etc..

What about a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab?
Last edited by Ht666 at Nov 4, 2007,
The Framus 2X12 from thomann, with Vintage 30s, is only £200 and built very well.

And you're getting ripped off if you're paying £550 for the GH50L, it's £400 on GAK. Hell, the Peavey Windsor head is £300 on GAK. £500 with the Framus 2x12...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
The Framus off Thomann is better than the Marshall.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by MrCarrot
The Framus 2X12 from thomann, with Vintage 30s, is only £200 and built very well.

And you're getting ripped off if you're paying £550 for the GH50L, it's £400 on GAK. Hell, the Peavey Windsor head is £300 on GAK. £500 with the Framus 2x12...

I'll take this opportunity to point out, perhaps without need, that the Peavey Windsor is available on the Sound Control website for £200.
^ well spotted, that is pretty good value.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah. I saw that price a while back and was thinking of getting one, but the fact that there aren't any cleans there put me off. Clean tone is, to me, more important than the overdrive. Which is a shame, because it sounds pretty good on the Windsor
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ well spotted, that is pretty good value.

Is the Peavey any good? What's it like compared to the Laney?
Quote by Ht666
Is the Peavey any good? What's it like compared to the Laney?

haven't tried the laney. the windsor is pretty good for 80's metal. as said, no cleans. but if you need overdrive of an 80's hot-rodded marshall type, it's pretty sweet, for the money especially.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an idea ^_^

Buy like 3 Peaveys and sell them to some noobs looking at MGs for double the price ;]
You would be a hero amongst UGers. I would build a statue of you for saving those peoples' ears (and the ears of anyone who has to listen to them play). Of course, you'd have to be selling them for more than £200. Not that that would be difficult, given the fact that most people considering MGs just want lots of overdrive